eBay listing Left-handed practice set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
anima
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by anima »

hey Uilliam,

I don't think my maple Lynch chanter needed re-boring because it was maple so much as becasue it was Kirk's second chanter. I imagine that it sits pretty low down on his learning curve. It is suitable as a backup practice stick, but that's about it. I kinda like the old thing though..... It's got a history and I find that appealing. I plan on starting my son up on the pipes in the future and it will probably be his first stick (mainly because the reed is so easy and it is light)

Jeff
Kansas City
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Any high-res pictures of that Lynch chanter yet?
anima

Post by anima »

elbogo

Post by elbogo »

Thanks, anima, for the pics and comments on Stephensons' pipe. He told me that he will be putting up some sound clips very soon. I notice you have one key on the #2 chanter...

BTW, where are you located? No reed problems, I take it. I'm in Midwest, USA, and wondering...
anima

Post by anima »

I'm in the midwest also, Kansas City. And yes I have had reed problems, but I'm not so sure it was the reeds fault as my inability to leave well enough alone. I am an inveterate tinkerer. The schizophrenic humdity changes here drive me crazy.

I now make my own reeds (after I cracked my orginal reed) - and Davy was very helpful with this also.