Alan Ginsberg has for sale D/C/B full sets for sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Fergmaun
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Alan Ginsberg has for sale D/C/B full sets for sale

Post by Fergmaun »

I got chanter reeds for my C and B chanters from Alan Ginsberg.

Alan said in this letter that he had for sale three full sets of uilleann pipes in the key of D, C, B Blackwood and brass. The price for each set is £3.500 plus £30.00 p+p

Contact him at

Alan Ginsberg
2 Celtic House
Stryd Ganol
Bethel
Caernarfon
Wales
LL55 1YS

Telephone 01248 671381
Fergus Maunsell
Belfast
Ireland

http://www.myspace.com/fergusmaunsell

Ginsburg pipes

Post by Guest »

Hmm. i wonder why???
Dionys
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Dionys »

Because he has them made and wants to sell them?

I have one of Ginsburg's older chanters and it's very nice.

Dionys
Tir gan teanga <--> Tir gan Anam.
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

Why did he get those chanter reeds from him?
Irish Terrier

Post by Irish Terrier »

General consensus of Alan Ginsberg is he really knows how to make a great set of pipes. He has made some cracking sets. But a word of warning, I have come across some mighty bad sets made by this guy. He doesn’t seem to care about putting out crap.

His first question is “how long have you been playing”?
Then you will be met with, “I only accept cash” “could you send me the cash, not a cheque”.

Here, I’ll tell you, I wouldn’t send cash in the post, would you? I know 2 people who sent Alan cash and were told he didn’t receive it. It’s on your own heads people.

If you were to think of buying a set of pipes from Mr Ginsberg please go check the pipes out and play them for a couple of hours. Take them apart and check the bores, bring a tuner and check the chanter etc. You could get lucky and pick up a great set of pipes.

If I were to send chanters to Wales for a reed, it would be going to Alan Moller, not Alan Ginsberg.

Sorry all, but this had to be said.

Seamus
Last edited by Irish Terrier on Fri Feb 20, 2004 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

I've got a Ginsberg Cnat set, and like it very much (Hey, Davey! :wink: ). It's a tad scruffy on close inspection, but it sounds very sweet. Got it third-hand. I'm glad I didn't have to deal with the negatives you've brought up, Seamus.
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

I've sent and received cash by it being sent Registered - Signature Required with Proof of Delivery provided. Cost about $8-10. One is also forced to insure it for the amount, too.

Western Union provides Money Orders for International users. Some people don't like receiving cash since they sometimes forget to declare it as income for tax purposes.
Calum

Post by Calum »

I hope you managed to keep a straight face typing that last sentence, Jim.

Calum
Royce

Post by Royce »

Irish Terrier wrote:General consensus of Alan Ginsberg is he really knows how to make a great set of pipes. He has made some cracking sets. But a word of warning, I have come across some mighty bad sets made by this guy. He doesn’t seem to care about putting out crap.

If I were to send chanters to Wales for a reed, it would be going to Alan Moller, not Alan Ginsberg.

Sorry all, but this had to be said.

Seamus
Er, don't you mean, "If I were to send chanters for a reed, it would be going to P.... O.... in Belfast?" Don't I recall your strong condemnation of my own observations about said "school lad" not long ago? And, of course if your chanter needs any repair or restoration, said lad is ready to go at it according to the web site he has back up again, still linked to some big names in the "business" as we call it.

But perhaps I'm being petty...?

Yeah. Isn't it fun?

Royce
Irish Terrier

Post by Irish Terrier »

Royce wrote:
Er, don't you mean, "If I were to send chanters for a reed, it would be going to P.... O.... in Belfast?" Don't I recall your strong condemnation of my own observations about said "school lad" not long ago? And, of course if your chanter needs any repair or restoration, said lad is ready to go at it according to the web site he has back up again, still linked to some big names in the "business" as we call it.

But perhaps I'm being petty...?

Yeah. Isn't it fun?
Royce baby, I wouldn't have been as stupid as you were mate. As I said, you did send your chanter to a lad who was only a schoolboy and you paid the price of a long wait. As far as I know you have that chanter in question, the chanter that everyone is sick to death hearing about, apart from Lorenzo.

Regarding Mr Ginsberg, I hear you are not pleased with him either. I'm talking about the advert or link from Alan Ginsberg site that you so strongly objected too not long back.

I'm only passing on information that may help others not to make the silly mistakes you have made in the past.

As far as I can tell, you thrive on the creation of sh*t stirring and you don’t know where you are coming from at times. Back home you would fit the expression we have here for POMEs. I really think you like the sound of your own voice and you have blamed almost everyone for your troubles and displayed some very distasteful dialogue on this forum in regard to many of the users of this forum.

Get yourself a life my old China plate,

Seamus
Rick

Post by Rick »

Royce wrote: But perhaps I'm being petty...?
Royce
Still need confirmation? sheesh.. :P

:lol:
Dionys

Post by Dionys »

Let's not turn this thread into yet another Royce Rant, eh? Take your meds, Royce!

Dionys
Tir gan teanga <--> Tir gan Anam.