Tim Britton Half Set Upgrade, Kirk Lynch Half Set For Sale

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
dgstiens
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play a Tim Britton half set. I am looking for regulators, a 3/4 set or full set by Tim. I also have a Kirk Lynch half set I am looking to sell.

Tim Britton Half Set Upgrade, Kirk Lynch Half Set For Sale

Post by dgstiens »

I play a half set made by Tim Britton and absolutely love it. I bought it from him back in '96 as a used practice set. We've met several times around Cincinnati and he told me the chanter was one of his early ones. I had him upgrade it to a half set and keyed the chanter back around '99. Now I would like to upgrade this set using Tim's original regulators to at least a three-quarter set, and eventually a full set. Please let me know if you know of any Tim Britton regulators or three-quarter/full/deluxe sets for sale.

To fund this upgrade, I intend to sell my beautiful Kirk Lynch half set that I bought back in '97. It's ebony with boxwood at the top and bottom of the chanter, which is fully keyed (4 keys), plus the stop key on an ebony reed cap. The metal parts are all nickel-plated. Beautiful and great condition! Piper/Pipe maker Tim Benson liked the sound of the chanter so much, he borrowed it to use in a recording, although he doesn't recall actually using it on any project.

Best and Thanks!