FS: Banba bag and bellows. A little leaky, but easily playable as a practice set.

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
shakyhands
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: Banba bag and bellows. A little leaky, but easily playable as a practice set.

Post by shakyhands »

Holds air surprisingly well, though somewhat leaky when tested: the bag leaks about one full bellows pump worth of air after one minute of forceful squeezing (maybe around 2nd octave pressure.)

The paddle has a coin-slot sized breach at the paddle-gusset seam, and a couple smaller ones (maybe a few mm each.) You can see from the photos that I attempted to seal this with epoxy.

Photos: https://imgur.com/a/bdcnS4o

And a video: https://youtu.be/O9zaT_E6Vbc

Despite the flaws, you can see pumping was not an issue; this gear works fine in a practice set even in its current condition.

Overall, I’d say the condition of the bag is good, and the bellows, fair. I expect the bellows will need repair well before the bag.

I used this bag with a C chanter, so the neck has enough length to handle that. The body is fairly long: it looks like it would hold about 15% more air than my Kelleher standard bag.

Asking $50 for the bellows, $100 for the bag. I can sell separate or as a set. The current price for flat rate priority USPS shipping (which includes $50 insurance) is about $16.

I can also be reached at djzydek at hotmail dot com. Happy to answer any questions.

Cheers
shakyhands

Re: FS: Banba bag and bellows. A little leaky, but easily playable as a practice set.

Post by shakyhands »

Bellows no longer available - I'll be rebuilding them myself.

Bag still available, but asking $120 + $20 flat rate priority USPS shipping in the states. It's a good bag, seems in better condition than the Kelleher bag I currently use with my half set, I just don't have need for it in the foreseeable future.

Cheers
shakyhands

Re: FS: Banba bag and bellows. A little leaky, but easily playable as a practice set.

Post by shakyhands »

Now asking $80 for the bag

Cheers