Bag and bellows repair or salvage

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
shakyhands
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Bag and bellows repair or salvage

Post by shakyhands »

I didn't want to post this as FS because I would like others to pitch in with advice if they have any.

I have a Banba bag and bellows from 2013 that are currently in somewhat of a state of disrepair, and I was curious if anyone experienced with pipes would be interested in them for repair purposes. The bag leaks as much as the tiniest pin hole would allow, though I'm not sure the source of the leak. The bellows on the other hand are very leaky as the glue holding the leather to the paddle has come undone. As you can see in the last photo, I tried to seal this leak with a little bit of epoxy, mostly unsuccessfully. My apologies to the patron saint of piping for attempting such a desperate hack job.

Pictures can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/bdcnS4o Image

I would definitely not expect much compensation beyond shipping for these items.

Or should I just scrap the stuff and salvage the raw materials for other purposes?

Not on offer as "discount" practice set gear.

Any suggestions or input appreciated.

Cheers
EzMan
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Thank you for hosting an awesome place.. Been gleaning info for many years but now i need to speak.
I play silver and timber flute whistles and bass trombone

Re: Bag and bellows repair or salvage

Post by EzMan »

Hey there friend, I would be interested to know what it would cost to ship these to 12460 N.Y.. I could rebuild the bellows and be well on my way. I do leather work so it should not be such a task. Thanks, EZ
reedmasters

Re: Bag and bellows repair or salvage

Post by reedmasters »

Looks like a relatively new bag. Try filling it with water. Should be pretty simple to find that leak. Go from there.