Willie 50

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
PB+J
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Re: Willie 50

Post by PB+J »

I missed this thread last July. I went to the Willie week, got Covid, and was sick as a dog for about a week. I holed up in a single room Air B and B in Mayo. And I missed the pictures!
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Most, or at least an awful lot of people got covid after it. In fact I had it when I posted this thread, out of boredom, waiting at home for a negative test so I could get out again.
You saw the slideshow though, it was running in the hall and one afternoon you were sitting right next to it selling the book :D .
great to remember the times when Darach de Brun - and some others, self included - had hair.
Yes the hair, lots of it at times, Kenny. I think that's mine in the lower corner of the Seaumus Ennis outdoor recital :oops: .A hairy version of myself turned up in the 50 years docu that Edel Fox produced for tg4, I bet she had a good laugh finding that and including it. I had cleaned up by the time I was playing a 1985 lunchtime recital for the pipers, see the pic in the slide show. I was younger then, than my son is now, would you believe it.

The request for the slideshow was to give some older pics and some from 2019, when Tony was absent. With hindsight I regret not submitting a few more. Ah well.
Last edited by Mr.Gumby on Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
My brain hurts

PB+J
Tell us something.: I'm a historian and the author of "The Beat Cop:Chicago's Chief O'Neill and the Creation of Irish Music," published by the University of Chicago in 2022. I live in Arlington VA and play the flute sincerely but not well

Post by PB+J »

Yes I did see the slides! I liked sitting at the ITMA table chatting.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I didn't keep the copies I posted at the start of the thread and I am not sure what I posted anyway, pipers. I won't be reposting. But here's one I didn't post before, it may look out of place on this forum but Gearoid is a piper. Although perhaps, as some would say, a gentleman piper: someone who can play them but doesn't. It was all Québécois for them that week. And very enjoyable it was too.

My brain hurts