Regulator Key Shape

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Driftwood
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Re: Regulator Key Shape

Post by Driftwood »

An interesting story, Rory. It got me thinking. In fact it's got me worried. D'ye think other sets of pipes could be cursed?

The thing is, I've got this old set of pipes. Had them for years. They've brought me nothing but bad luck. I can never get them in tune anyway. My friends and neighbors, especially the neighbors, keep their distance. In fact, these days I keep the pipes in a locked shed right at the back of the yard. I never go in there. But after reading your story maybe I should burn them. Yes that's what I'll do.

I think there is a name printed on it - "Ken" something. Probably that Ken Wood fellow. He's always putting his name on strange objects. I was thinking of posting some photos so someone could identify the set but I don't think so. I've heard that bad spirits can embed themselves in pictures so I wouldn't want to bring bad luck to the Chiff forum and all you good people. So burning it is, unless someone has a better idea.
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

Just burning alone won't cut it. You will need to take the pipes to a church yard on the first Tuesday of the month, you then need to douse the pipes in holy petrol and set them alight, don't be surprised if you fall to the ground shaking and speaking in tongues, that just means it's working and may god have mercy on your soul.

RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Driftwood
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by Driftwood »

Thanks for the good advice Rory. But the pipes have ended up in water rather than fire. My old uncle Murdo McMurdoch phoned me the other day and while we were talking I had an idea. When we were kids we used to play down at his spread. There was a old mine shaft in the side of a hill. We weren't supposed to go in there but I went in once or twice. I thought I could put the pipes in the mine and seal-up the place - that would be two good jobs for the price of one! Luckily the old guy agreed so the next day I set off. I took a short cut on my mountain bike to keep out of sight and had the pipes strapped to the back of the bike. The route took me down by the river. The trail got very bumpy and the straps must have worked loose. Anyways the pipes slid off the bike and straight into the water. I was going to stop and and try and fish them out but I remembered that I really shouldn't be there. You see, there's a lot of poaching that goes on down that river and the guy who owns the ground on that side doesn't take kindly to strangers he finds on his land, if you get my drift. So I decided to head out of there pronto.

So there it is. I just hope that some poor poacher doesn't net the pipes by mistake because if his luck runs out he might get shot by that mean landowner! Best wishes