FS: Early 20th century Taylor-style C sharp regs

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
RLines
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Uilleann Piper. Gramophone Enthusiast. Piping Art Collector. Co-chair Pibyddion Uilleann Cymru. Board Member NPU.

FS: Early 20th century Taylor-style C sharp regs

Post by RLines »

For sale: Very unique antique C sharp regulators.

I bought these in 2010 as part of a lot with a 19th century set of pipes. Very O’Mealy-esque in design. No idea of the maker, although they are definitely pre-1950 (this was clear from other documents with the lot). Lovely dovetailing and carving of the wood. Huge eye catching reg caps of natural material. Brass keys are functional and look the part but not as nicely made as the rest of the regs. Springs and pads all working and airtight.

I did have them reeded up and playing for a couple of years on another C sharp set, so I know they play just fine in that key. Tenor 31cm. Baritone 42cm. Bass 43 cm. Bass bar 42 cm. Perhaps could be reeded to play in C as well? Although I’m not sure on that.

Looks like they are boxwood stained black. The bass reg is a bit banana-ed although still plays fine in tune. They’ve been sitting in a cupboard for several years now and really deserve a new home. They would form the basis of a really cool and striking C sharp set should anyone wish to have a set made around them. Or possibly added to an existing half set.

Asking £2800 plus shipping from South Wales. More pics available on request.

Rick

My Twitter: @FerrysidePiper
My YouTube
Club Twitter: @UilleannCymru
RLines
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Uilleann Piper. Gramophone Enthusiast. Piping Art Collector. Co-chair Pibyddion Uilleann Cymru. Board Member NPU.

Re: FS: Early 20th century Taylor-style C sharp regs

Post by RLines »

Regs are sold and off to a good home.
My Twitter: @FerrysidePiper
My YouTube
Club Twitter: @UilleannCymru