WTB: Kelleher Bellows

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Wetootwaag
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Be sure to check out my historic music podcast if you are interested in that sort of thing. I play between 10-20 tunes from sources primarily from the eighteenth of early nineteenth century on Uilleann Pipes, Great Highland Bagpipes, Scottish Small Pipes, Border Pipes and whistles. https://www.wetootwaag.com/

WTB: Kelleher Bellows

Post by Wetootwaag »

I'm hoping someone may have a spare set of Kelleher Bellows they'd be interested in selling? I've been borrowing a set since January, and I am already dreading returning them in December, unfortunately a new set is quite out of my price range. Thanks!
Ceann Cromtha
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

Re: WTB: Kelleher Bellows

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Does it have to be a Kelleher set of bellows? I have an extra set of bellows that has, roughly, the same sort of brass tube attachment angled a bit differently, but they are airtight and work roughly the same as Kelleher’s bellows. (I have a 3/4 size set of Kelleher bellows, so I’m speaking from that perspective; I imagine that this would correspond to their full-size set.)

In any event, I’d be happy to give you these, if you like. Just let me know. (I’m headed off the the beach in a few hours with family and dogs, so I may be out of Internet contact until Thursday afternoon/evening).
Ceann Cromtha
Tell us something.: I’m changing my location to my actual address. My previous location was a reference to Joyce’s Finnegans Wake.

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Well, it’s been two weeks and I’ll take the lack of a response to this as a “no, thanks” and withdraw this offer.
rorybbellows
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by rorybbellows »

You tried and thats the main thing, there's no accounting for other people.
RORY
I'm Spartacus .
Ceann Cromtha

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

Thanks, Rory!
an seanduine

Post by an seanduine »

I have a Kelleher bellows. I love my Kelleher bellows. They are functional and efficient, and beautiful in a ´form follows function´ sort of way. But they´re certainly not head and shoulders above other well made bellows. What sets them apart is the brilliance of the design of the air-check valve delivering the air to the bag. Not sure about currently, but initially they sold them apart from the bellows proper, and you could retrofit them onto other bellows-blowpipe setups.

Bob
Not everything you can count, counts. And not everything that counts, can be counted

The Expert's Mind has few possibilities.
The Beginner's mind has endless possibilities.
Shunryu Suzuki, Roshi
Wetootwaag
Tell us something.: Be sure to check out my historic music podcast if you are interested in that sort of thing. I play between 10-20 tunes from sources primarily from the eighteenth of early nineteenth century on Uilleann Pipes, Great Highland Bagpipes, Scottish Small Pipes, Border Pipes and whistles. https://www.wetootwaag.com/

Post by Wetootwaag »

Ceann Cromtha wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:53 am Well, it’s been two weeks and I’ll take the lack of a response to this as a “no, thanks” and withdraw this offer.
Please accept my apologies! I foolishly gave up checking the forum after too short a time and assumed I had notifications turned on. I didn’t mean to be rude, though clearly posting and then not checking back was.
Ceann Cromtha

Post by Ceann Cromtha »

No problem, I understand. Someone has inquired about them, so let me see if he still wants them. If not and if you’re still in a fix, I’d be happy to send them.
Wetootwaag

Post by Wetootwaag »

Thanks to this forum I have a set of Kelleher bellows now. Thanks.
FlaminGalah
Tell us something.: Based in Australia.

Playing union pipes. I'm not very good at this yet.

Ask me about birds and behaviour.

Post by FlaminGalah »

an seanduine wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:40 pm I have a Kelleher bellows. I love my Kelleher bellows. They are functional and efficient, and beautiful in a ´form follows function´ sort of way. But they´re certainly not head and shoulders above other well made bellows. What sets them apart is the brilliance of the design of the air-check valve delivering the air to the bag. Not sure about currently, but initially they sold them apart from the bellows proper, and you could retrofit them onto other bellows-blowpipe setups.

Bob
Hi Bob,

Why do you particularly so rate the check valve? I have a blowpipe and stock that I’m a bit unhappy with that I have jerry rigged to work, but thinking of getting the Kelleher blowpipe and stock to replace. Would be interested in more detail on its superiority!