FS: Dave Williams set

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
m muir
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Dave Williams set

Post by m muir »

Fully restored nickel plated concert pitch set of Dave Williams pipes for sale. Comes with Uilleann Hiscox case. I'm selling as I've decided to return to, and concentrate on, my first instrument the Highland pipes, and I dont really have the time anymore to put in the practice and the attention that this lovely set deserves. This is a rare chance to own a rare and highly sought after instrument so only serious offers will be considered. PM me with any questions or for photos .
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: FS: Dave Williams set

Post by Steampacket »

A once in a lifetime chance! Very seldom a Dave Williams set comes on the market. I've heard this set played few years ago, it's a good one.
m muir
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by m muir »

PJ
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Lovely. :)
PJ
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

FYI there's a FB group for buying/selling uilleann pipes.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1432003387070305
PJ
Joe T
Tell us something.: I've been an Irish music fan all my life,I play a little when its quiet and no one is listening. I come here sometimes to read the quirky comments and to view what others are selling.

Post by Joe T »

A rare chance indeed to own such a set. Best of luck to whoever buys this instrument
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Dave Williams full set for sale on E-bay I see. £11,500 (€13,434) ($15,814) buy it now price.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/154540116461 ... Sw1NNg-Rg1
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Has anyone bought a Dave Williams set recently, or know someone who has? Just wondering how much people are willing to pay these days, or have paid. I bought my Williams half set with a tenor regulator 40 years ago for £460 in 1979/80. Added a baritone regulator, also bought a lined head joint for a Williams flute, together the cost was £450 in 1998. In 2021 I paid £2325 for a bass regulator, new stock, new leather bag with stocks, and new drone and regulator reeds made by David Lim who did a wonderful job of matching the bass regulator and keys to the original Williams regulators. Altogether £3235. I'm not selling mine, just curious. I suppose they are worth whatever someone's willing to pay at the end of the day
geoff wooff

Post by geoff wooff »

I know someone who sold a full set by Dave Williams fairly recently. I can ask how much he got if you wish.
geoff wooff

Post by geoff wooff »

€ 12,500 I am told is the price a full set of Williams' sold for about 18 months ago.
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

€ 12,500 I am told is the price a full set of Williams' sold for about 18 months ago. Geoff Wooff
Thanks Geoff. Interesting €12,500 = £10,668. In November 2017 I was offered a Williams full set with a 2 keyed chanter made by the owner for €3,338 = £2,853. As I had a full set without chanter on order at the time I wrote back to say that the Williams set on offer was worth much more than €3,338. Also owning three D sets would have been rather unnecessary. The set I had on order never materialised which was rather weird, but as no money had exchanged hands, it turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as David Lim made a wonderful bass regulator for my 3/4 Williams set.