Liam O'Flynn in Paris 2003 - help needed for access to French mediatheque portal

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
LukesPipes
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like all things old and good and enjoy listening to the playing of flat sets in solo settings. Most of the times I play a set in B, which I call "la signora" ("the lady"). There are rare occasions when I also play the "signorina", the louder, more lively and emotionally less stable concert pitch set.

Liam O'Flynn in Paris 2003 - help needed for access to French mediatheque portal

Post by LukesPipes »

Hello everyone,

on the Philharmonie de Paris online portal the whole concert of Liam O'Flynn at the Cité de la musique in Paris (October 2003) is available for listening: https://pad.philharmoniedeparis.fr/doc/ ... am-o-flynn

If I had any library membership in France I could access it and listen to it; however, I am not in France and I have not managed to get a library membership as a non-resident.

Does anyone have an idea how to access it? I will also contact them directly and hope to get a response, soon.
I really hope to get the access somehow as this was the first time I heard Liam playing live and I would love to refresh these memories.

And for all in France who are able to access it: enjoy!
- B is the key -
Pipewort
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: Liam O'Flynn in Paris 2003 - help needed for access to French mediatheque portal

Post by Pipewort »

Me too.

Yeah, that is a shame. I was able to get a sample of a tune, but not the whole piece, and not the tune I selected. Great sound quality though. My french is not adequate enough to find a way of logging in, etc.

Fingers crossed some french member here can resolve the matter...
LukesPipes
Tell us something.: I like all things old and good and enjoy listening to the playing of flat sets in solo settings. Most of the times I play a set in B, which I call "la signora" ("the lady"). There are rare occasions when I also play the "signorina", the louder, more lively and emotionally less stable concert pitch set.

Re: Liam O'Flynn in Paris 2003 - help needed for access to French mediatheque portal

Post by LukesPipes »

I just received their answer:

"Thank you for your email. Philharmonie à la demande does not offer a "visitor's access" for copyright issues. To access Philharmonie à la demande, you must be registered in one of our partner institutions (libraries, conservatory or university). If you know an interested institution in your country, do not hesitate to share Philharmonie à la demande. "

As expected, now I know as much as before :boggle:

It's a shame, really. It was a lovely concert in a little auditorium. The short sound clips suggest a high recording quality, indeed.
- B is the key -
PJ
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

NPU might be able to help. It has arrangements with many organizations for resource sharing. If you’re a member of NPU, ask them. If not, then join NPU and then ask. :wink:
PJ
LukesPipes

Post by LukesPipes »

That's a good idea, PJ, thanks. Thereis no harm in asking :)
- B is the key -