Grace Lemon

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Steampacket
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Grace Lemon

Post by Steampacket »

Saw this video clip of a very good piper yesterday, Grace Lemon. She has great flow, nice sounding, in-tune, pipes too. Looks like a Galloway set?

https://www.facebook.com/napiobairiuill ... 2026907768
Peter Duggan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Re: Grace Lemon

Post by Peter Duggan »

Steampacket wrote:Looks like a Galloway set?
It says, 'Grace is playing a set of uilleann pipes with chanter and regs made by Andy Faden, drones by Mickey Dunne and bellows by Cillian Ó Briain.'
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

Grace is playing a set of uilleann pipes with chanter and regs made by Andy Faden, drones by Mickey Dunne and bellows by Cillian Ó Briain.
Thanks Peter. Didn't scroll down, so I missed that information. Inspiring piping. I wonder if Grace was taught. by Lucy Delap?
altoclef

Post by altoclef »

She certainly was taught by Lucy, who contributed a great deal to those of us in Cambridge getting to grips with the pipes in the early 2000s. I was in the Royal Standard pub the night that Grace first noticed Lucy playing the pipes and stood transfixed (she must have been about six years old at the time). I was standing next to her dad, who said "I can feel the money draining out of my wallet"...
Steampacket

Post by Steampacket »

She certainly was taught by Lucy, who contributed a great deal to those of us in Cambridge getting to grips with the pipes in the early 2000s. altoclef
I first met Lucy in 1999 at Miltown in a piping class. She was very good even then. She had a Dave Williams set seen here on my web site: http://steampacket.ownit.nu/miltowntubber.html