FS: Dirk Mewes practice set w/ Banton Bellows

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
bassdrone24
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm a highland piper and play smallpipes and border pipes. I want to learn more about uilleann pipes to take the dive to the dark side! Hoping forum members can help me sort out some thoughts on the myriad of different makers out there. Thanks!

FS: Dirk Mewes practice set w/ Banton Bellows

Post by bassdrone24 »

I am selling a practice set of Dirk Mewes uilleann pipes. The chanter is blackwood with boxwood and brass mounts and it comes with a Cillian O'Brian shaped uilleann pipe bag made by Dirk. It also comes with a brand new (never played) Nate Banton bellows. This is a fabulous learning set and I paid $1350 for the chanter and bag from Dirk in 2019. The bellows is $350 new. I am asking for $1400 for the whole set up because it would benefit from a new reed, which I'm certain Dirk would help out. He is a very reachable, friendly, and generous guy. The set plays perfectly fine as is but a new reed would bring new life to it as the reed took some minor damage in removing the reed from the chanter stock (lesson learned the hard way)!

The instrument feels wonderful and really helped me to hit the ground running with Uilleann pipes. I am selling because I now have a full set of deluxe Gordon Galloway pipes fully keyed and just cannot stand to have this great practice set sitting in the closet when it could help out another aspiring piper.

Pics available upon request.

Thanks!
bassdrone24
Tell us something.: I'm a highland piper and play smallpipes and border pipes. I want to learn more about uilleann pipes to take the dive to the dark side! Hoping forum members can help me sort out some thoughts on the myriad of different makers out there. Thanks!

Re: FS: Dirk Mewes practice set w/ Banton Bellows

Post by bassdrone24 »

Price drop: I am now asking $1250 + shipping.
bassdrone24

Re: FS: Dirk Mewes practice set w/ Banton Bellows

Post by bassdrone24 »

SOLD thank you