Peter Browne's Set in ITMA Highlights Video

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
nwhitmer
antispam: No

Re: Peter Browne's Set in ITMA Highlights Video

Post by nwhitmer »

Hans-Joerg,

Hey! that fourth & last pic is of my set.

It was once owned by Tom Standeven of Philadelphia. Around 1988 he had Geoff Wooff fix it up & make a bass reg for it. Your pic shows the bass & bari drone sliders & the bass & bari reg ends. Wooff later wrote me & said it was his opinion that the set was likely part Kenna (chanter & drones), part Coyne (regulators), perhaps made during the shop transition from one maker to the next.

It was never a fancy-dancy set, but plays well.

Nick

Nick Whitmer
Ithaca, NY
Hans-Joerg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Germany, half an hour west of "Old Brunswick" (Braunschweig < Brunswieck)

Post by Hans-Joerg »

nwhitmer wrote:Hans-Joerg,

Hey! that fourth & last pic is of my set.

It was once owned by Tom Standeven of Philadelphia. Around 1988 he had Geoff Wooff fix it up & make a bass reg for it. Your pic shows the bass & bari drone sliders & the bass & bari reg ends. Wooff later wrote me & said it was his opinion that the set was likely part Kenna (chanter & drones), part Coyne (regulators), perhaps made during the shop transition from one maker to the next.

It was never a fancy-dancy set, but plays well.

Nick

Nick Whitmer
Ithaca, NY
Thanks for that info, Nick!
See: Sorry for posting pics of parts that aren´t Coyne at all!
PJ
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: ......................................................................................................

Post by PJ »

Just curious to know if there's any update on the restoration of the "Coyne" set discussed in this thread? Is it back playing? Any further developments on identifying the maker?
PJ