Wooff Narrow Bore D Half Set on eBAY

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

Auction closed at $4051. Looks like the pipes are headed to Germany!
Lorenzo
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Lorenzo »

Tony wrote:
Lorenzo wrote:I've noticed a lot of "I reserve the right to end the auction early" on eBay lately. I wonder why it's been going on for so long and no one seems to do anything about it....
Probably because they all fit within the guidelines of eBay's rules for ending an auction early.
I just found a section on eBay regarding ending auctions early. It's in sec 2 of this page. Kind of a new twist I wasn't aware of.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/end_early.html "Sell item to high bidder(s) and end listing early"

This means you can end an auction early and sell to whoever happens to be the highest bidder at the time. Not that anyone would actually want to do that (seems kinda dumb) but at least eBay allows for listings to end early. The other way explained in the rules is to cancel all the bids then end it early. And really, I think this means you can cancel any unwanted bids and choose who you want to sell it to. Of course your reason can still be "because item is no longer for sale" (on eBay).
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

The intent of eBAY is for an auction to be completed from start to finish through eBAY. eBAY is paid a small fee for listing the item and is paid a larger fee for the sale of the item. eBAY wants both fees but especially the 2nd fee.

If an item is 'not available for sale', that would include off-eBAY. If you were selling a piece of Waterford, listed it, dropped it during the auction, then it is legitimately no longer available for sale.

People request all the time to have the Seller close the auction early (who wants to have real bidders against you, the Buyer) but that is not kosher according to eBAY.
glands

Post by glands »

If you were selling a piece of Waterford, listed it, dropped it during the auction, then it is legitimately no longer available for sale.
Taken literally?

Meaning you could not sell a piece of dropped and broken Waterford Crystal?

I suppose you could sell anything you darn well wanted to on eBay broken or not.
reedman

Post by reedman »

I think he got a fair price, how much will Ebay charge commission for the sale, 5%or 10% :-? anyone know, just for the future in case I sell a set.
There's those who know,
and there's those who think they know,
and there's those who just have'nt got a fecking Clue.
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

glands wrote:
If you were selling a piece of Waterford, listed it, dropped it during the auction, then it is legitimately no longer available for sale.
Taken literally?

Meaning you could not sell a piece of dropped and broken Waterford Crystal?

I suppose you could sell anything you darn well wanted to on eBay broken or not.
Anything can be bought and sold - one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Tony
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I used to play pipes about 20 years ago and suddenly abducted by aliens.
Not sure why... but it's 2022 and I'm mysteriously baack...

Post by Tony »

Jim McGuire wrote:....one man's trash is another man's treasure.
Depends.
I thought my antique Playboy ashtrays would bring $50-75 apiece. Turns out, they commonly sell for under $10.
Who knew they produced thousands of them!
brianc

Post by brianc »

If you dropped a piece of Waterford, wouldn't that be PIECES of Waterford then offered for sale?
Jim McGuire

Post by Jim McGuire »

A One-Of-A-Kind Waterford Crystal Jigsaw Puzzle!