Help needed

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
Hans-Joerg
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1
Location: Germany, half an hour west of "Old Brunswick" (Braunschweig < Brunswieck)

Help needed

Post by Hans-Joerg »

I had bought this old set that BigDavy had spotted lately:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=61990&p=812537&hilit=ebay#p812537

Unfortunately, I had forgotten to save the site and it isn´t on the ebay-schedule any longer. So, I have the set now but know nothing about it, except that it is about 230+ years old and the maker is unknown. Does anybody by chance still have the ebay-ad?

I don´t like the idea of old sets locked away in museums forever (and if you happen to know the Director well you might be allowed to take pictures :tomato: ). Old instruments should be restored (properly - not interfered with) and given into the hands of good caretakers and musicians to cause general delight. This one was in bits but absolutely complete (The seller even supplied the original leather of the bag and of the bellows). I got it very cheap (I was the only bidder) and - be sure - it will be played again some day.

Thanks in advance,
Hans
BigDavy

Re: Help needed

Post by BigDavy »

Hi Hans

Glad you got a good deal on the pipes - here's hoping you get them playing well - a few good pics of the restored set would be nice to see (and a few sound clips of your playing).

David
Payday, Piping, Percussion and Poetry- the 4 best Ps
djm

Post by djm »

Hans-Joerg wrote:So, I have the set now but know nothing about it, except that it is about 230+ years old and the maker is unknown.
If you bought the set then you must still have the seller's contact information. Surely you could go back to this person and have them send you the relevent information (?).

djm
I'd rather be atop the foothills than beneath them.
Hans-Joerg
Location: Germany, half an hour west of "Old Brunswick" (Braunschweig < Brunswieck)

Post by Hans-Joerg »

djm wrote:If you bought the set then you must still have the seller's contact information.
Unfortunately not, since my computer has crashed severely since.
ChristianRo

Post by ChristianRo »

If Google results are valid, the ebay seller goes by the name of "parry_hotter" (vevvy funny) and is from the Netherlands. You could try to trace him via ebay this way... Good luck, Hans-Jörg. Btw, it was a treat being with you during the Easter Tionol - as usual:-)

Christian
Christian
Hans-Joerg

Post by Hans-Joerg »

Blush!!! Thanks Christian! And thanks for your help! The address-problem is settled. :thumbsup: Here we go again :oops: