Pictures of your Bag Covers

A forum about Uilleann (Irish) pipes and the surly people who play them.
mukade
antispam: No

Pictures of your Bag Covers

Post by mukade »

I was wondering if anyone else had a 'non-standard' bag cover.

My mother embroidered this ten years ago.

It was more of a homage to Guinness than to the harp.

The bag is getting a bit scruffy now, but I have grown to like it.

Lee Sei-Macfhearchair
djm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by djm »

Mukade, there is a permissions problem with your image's site. Not accessable.

djm
mukade

Post by mukade »

Sorry about that.

I hope you can see it this time.

Pat Cannady
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Pat Cannady »

A certain youngish piper I know occasionally uses a leopard-print bag cover for a laugh now and then.

I don't mess with bag covers, though, I find that the bag tends to slip out of position more easily with one.
eric reiswig
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by eric reiswig »

Oh! Pick me! :)

I'm way too fond of my bag covers. :)

I played for years without a bag cover, until i went into my local "fancy" (read: expensive) fabric store. I was looking for a fleur-de-lys pattern for a SSP cover (i actually play mostly French music on the SSP...) Anyway, they had this fabric with BEES on it! And it seemed so perfect ("hive of honeyed sound" and all) that i bought some for the SSP. Later, i decided to get some more, but a rich wine-coloured, for my plumwood C set. It's just a little slippery but i love it!

More recent is this sort-of-chenille patchwork. When i saw it in the store, i knew instantly that's what i needed for my concert set. They also had some with squares half this size, which i might get for my NSP once they're done. The fringe exactly matches the colours in the fabric.

When i was buying the "bee" fabric, and explaining to the saleslady what i wanted it for, a nearby customer asked me, with much derision, "...and WHO'S going to sew it?" and was somewhat taken aback when i told her i was going to do it myself. My mom won't touch these with a 10-foot pole, so i had to figure it out myself. I hate making them, especially the little sleeves for the stocks, but i have grown to like my pipes dressed-up a little. :)

Be seeing you,

eric.
Joseph E. Smith

Post by Joseph E. Smith »

Interesting and cool ideas for bag covers. I am trying to get my very talented and tolerent wife to manufacture a bag cover for my pipes. But I think I may have to go about it myself...after all, I have to do everything else for those pipes why not a new cover , eh? Good work Eric