Unable to PM

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Cyberknight
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I live in the Boston area and like to play in sessions. I've played whistle for 10+ years and flute for 6 months.

Unable to PM

Post by Cyberknight »

Until today, I didn't know it was even possible to PM on this forum. I've never received a PM, and if I ever tried sending one, it was too long ago for me to remember clearly.

Today, I'm told that PMing is a feature on here. But my account seems incapable of PMing, for whatever reason. There's no option to PM when I click on someone's profile. When I go to User Control Panel, the "Private messages" tab simply says "You are not authorised to read private messages," and there's no option to enable or disable anything. If I go to "Edit global settings," I can check a box that says "allow users to send you PMs," and it is checked.

Can a mod please enable PMing on my account?

Thanks!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Unable to PM

Post by Nanohedron »

Weird situation, here. We're looking into it. Please be patient!
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
Cyberknight
Tell us something.: I live in the Boston area and like to play in sessions. I've played whistle for 10+ years and flute for 6 months.

Post by Cyberknight »

Nanohedron wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 9:06 am Weird situation, here. We're looking into it. Please be patient!
No problem! Thanks a ton. :) And there's no hurry at all.

If it helps at all, other weird things have happened with my account. I have twice before forgotten the password and tried to reset it, and I've never been able to get a password reset link. Thankfully I remembered my password both times. But I'm still unable to change it for some reason.
Cyberknight

Post by Cyberknight »

Issue fixed!