Search help.

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Louis Andre
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I’m interested in purchasing a used flute; registration facilitates contacting a seller.
I also enjoy reading the posts in the various forums. Thanks for making such a great web site available.

Search help.

Post by Louis Andre »

I have tried to search both the sold instruments and the whistle forums for the subject “oz whistles” for the purpose of reading past posts. I get a message telling me that “oz and whistles” are words too common to be searched and are being ignored.
Please tell me where to find instructions about how to use the search feature.
Thanks for your kind response to this query.
Regards,
Louis
GreenWood
Tell us something.: To add to the renaissance flute discussion that is under way. Well, the rest of this field is going to be taken up by a long sentence, which is this one, because a hundred characters are needed before it is accepted.

Re: Search help.

Post by GreenWood »

You might try:

oz site:forums.chiffandfipple.com/

In google search, I think they search their own cache.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Yes, while C&F's search function is usually workable, it also has always had its notoriously difficult moments, depending on what you're looking for and how you look for it. As GreenWood noted, a reliable way to surmount any difficulties is to use a search engine like Google; you might type in "Chiff and Fipple Elbonian Kazoos" or whatever other finer details you have in mind.

Good luck in your search, Louis Andre. If you are still encountering troubles, don't hesitate to let us know. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Louis Andre
Tell us something.: I’m interested in purchasing a used flute; registration facilitates contacting a seller.
I also enjoy reading the posts in the various forums. Thanks for making such a great web site available.

Post by Louis Andre »

Thanks for both timeous responses. I have had some limited but useful success with both approaches. However, I shall have to abandon my current quest because of what Albert has told us regarding these situations.
Regards,
Louis
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 12:52 pm Yes, while C&F's search function is usually workable, it also has always had its notoriously difficult moments, depending on what you're looking for and how you look for it. As GreenWood noted, a reliable way to surmount any difficulties is to use a search engine like Google; you might type in "Chiff and Fipple Elbonian Kazoos" or whatever other finer details you have in mind.

Good luck in your search, Louis Andre. If you are still encountering troubles, don't hesitate to let us know. :)
Not that I feel particularly up to it (COVID, you know) but is it time for me to run the re-indexing exercise again?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

benhall.1 wrote: Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:30 am ... is it time for me to run the re-indexing exercise again?
I'm not really sure. Get well first, and then see. Take your time. :)
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician