Live Chat Link?

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
Skyclad01
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Live Chat Link?

Post by Skyclad01 »

Just resurrecting this post since it seem to have vanished with many other current posts :boggle: ; And to preserve the status of subject question. :thumbsup:
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Re: Live Chat Link?

Post by Nanohedron »

Thanks for bringing this up. I'll see if live chat was included in the overall conception of this new Board, and if it was overlooked, whether we can install it.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

There's a button for 'live chat', but when I click it, I get the message "No route found for "GET/chat/""

I don't really know what that means. I'll ask ...
Skyclad01
Tell us something.: I'm just telling you something here so the 'Tell us something ' field can be completed.

Post by Skyclad01 »

You are correct. Somehow I didn't notice the button. I get the same message as well. Hopefully the link to Chiffy just needs to be updated for this forum makeover is all. :)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Post by Nanohedron »

Skyclad01 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:07 am Somehow I didn't notice the button.
It wasn't there for me yesterday, and that's for sure, because I've been using that section. It's easy to notice the way things are when you're getting used to them. Today's the first time I've seen the Chat clicky there. Ever.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me; after all, I'd made some changes to my profile a few days ago, and then yesterday they'd gone back to the previous info. So things haven't entirely settled in, yet.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

Yeah, I expect things will take a little while to settle down yet. I just wanted to make sure we still have a live chat link (that will eventually be functioning properly). :)
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Skyclad01 wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:24 pm I just wanted to make sure we still have a live chat link (that will eventually be functioning properly).
Since there's a link icon, you'd think that would leave the door open for a functioning chat room. Unfortunately I can't guarantee it, but then I don't know how these things work. Ben and Dale said they'd do some nosing around on a number of issues, so fingers crossed.

Do you use the chatroom a lot? I couldn't; it made me feel on edge.
Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

Nanohedron wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:57 pm Since there's a link icon, you'd think that would leave the door open for a functioning chat room. Unfortunately I can't guarantee it, but then I don't know how these things work. Ben and Dale said they'd do some nosing around on a number of issues, so fingers crossed.

Do you use the chatroom a lot? I couldn't; it made me feel on edge.
I use it from time to time, and I know Alan is a semi-regular.

Definitely keeping my fingers crossed!
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

AFAIK, the Chat channel info (for those using other Chat clients) is #chiffy . The server is irc.perl.org/6667

The C&F Chat link probably has to get parameters identical to or similar to these plugged in.

Beware, Alan is a practicer of Autodidacticism.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

kkrell wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 pm Beware, Alan is a practicer of Autodidacticism.
I think what he does behind closed doors is none of our business.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

Nanohedron wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:59 pm
kkrell wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 pm Beware, Alan is a practicer of Autodidacticism.
I should have used the word "practitioner" instead.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

kkrell wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:50 pm AFAIK, the Chat channel info (for those using other Chat clients) is #chiffy . The server is irc.perl.org/6667

The C&F Chat link probably has to get parameters identical to or similar to these plugged in.

Beware, Alan is a practicer of Autodidacticism.
Hi Kevin. This looks useful, if only I could find where in the Board's configuration settings the settings for Chat were. I might have to have a rummage in the back room ...
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

kkrell wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:48 am
Nanohedron wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:59 pm
I should have used the word "practitioner" instead.
All that does is make it sound as if Alan does his autodidactifications in a black robe and wizard's cap. Nevertheless, my answer would have been the same. :wink:
Skyclad01

Post by Skyclad01 »

Nanohedron wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:38 pm Thanks for bringing this up. I'll see if live chat was included in the overall conception of this new Board, and if it was overlooked, whether we can install it.
Any status update on this by chance?
Nanohedron
Moderatorer

Post by Nanohedron »

Thanks for the reminder. Admin's been fielding a number of things since the change and it's probably going to take us some time to get it all squared away, so things can sometimes be forgotten. FWIW, I'm the only one of us with enough free time to devote as much attention to the Board's innards as needed - more or less - and the only one with zero computer skills. The irony.