PM Issues

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
bigsciota
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

PM Issues

Post by bigsciota »

During a recent interaction over email a fellow member said he sent me a PM here to verify my identity. I did not receive it, and I don't think he received the PM I sent him for the same purpose. I've been able to PM people here before with no issues, although now I notice that my message to him seems to be sitting in my "outbox" rather than "sent."

Is there some issue with the messaging system?
Mr.Gumby

Re: PM Issues

Post by Mr.Gumby »

It 's a recurring question, pms remain in your outbox until they are opened.
Last edited by Mr.Gumby on Sat Jan 07, 2023 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My brain hurts

bigsciota

Post by bigsciota »

Ah, that's good to know, thanks!

Still wondering where the other PM went, though. I deleted messages from my inbox so there's room, and I don't think I or the other person is under some kind of probation or anything. Maybe it's just a weird quirk!
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Mr.Gumby wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:58 pm... pms remain in your outbox until they are opened.
Yes. "Sent" means the message has been read by the recipient. The system's operating as intended. Don't know about the missing PM, though; it wouldn't have anything to do with a full inbox, because when full, new messages just claim their spot and push the oldest ones out. Might be operator error.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician