email notifications of PMs

Get help using the forums. If we can't help you, FEMA can.
stiofan
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

email notifications of PMs

Post by stiofan »

Perhaps I'm imagining an alternate reality here, but didn't there used to be a means of getting notified by email when we receive new PMs? Seems to me back in the day this was a feature we could opt for (via settings), but I'm not finding it in the current selection of settings, nor am I getting email notifications when new PMs arrive. Appreciate any help.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: email notifications of PMs

Post by kkrell »

Notifications still work, although they are delayed (for me) about a half hour or longer.

You set whether you receive them in your User Control Panel, Board preferences (tab along the top), then Edit notification options (menu along the left).

Under NOTIFICATION TYPE, find the line for "Someone sends you a private message", and check the boxes to notify & email.

Notifications will reach you sent from "dalewiely@gmail.com" (yes, that's the way it's spelled). Make sure to whitelist it if you have any SPAM filters.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
stiofan
Tell us something.: I've been a C&Fer since 2003. Currently playing wooden flute & (mainly low) whistles, along with the bowed dulcimer.

Post by stiofan »

Thanks Kevin. I just added dalewiely@gmail.com to the 'never send to spam' filter. Hopefully that'll do the trick. And thanks for the lightning-fast reply! :)
stiofan

Post by stiofan »

And yes, I already had the "Someone sends you a private message" email notification setting activated. Thanks again.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

Notifications still work, although they are delayed (for me) about a half hour or longer.
Email notifications stopped for me a good while ago (and yes, all the right boxes ticked). I have them sent to a gmail address. They don't appear in the spam box there. Not a big deal but it did have me wondering what changed.
My brain hurts

benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Mr.Gumby wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 6:08 am
Email notifications stopped for me a good while ago (and yes, all the right boxes ticked). I have them sent to a gmail address. They don't appear in the spam box there. Not a big deal but it did have me wondering what changed.
If you have them sent to a gmail address, the same thing might be happening to you as happened to me at one point, with a gmail address. The true 'spam' folder in gmail is hidden. It's not in the main menu. You have to open 'more' and then you will find it. On the other hand, if you have your gmail coming in via Outlook, then you should have a visible spam folder.
Mr.Gumby

Post by Mr.Gumby »

I usually check gmail from my phone. Just logged in on the desktop but nothing there either. Don't worry about it.
My brain hurts

stiofan

Post by stiofan »

Just checked my email history -- the last topic notification I received was on May 20, and the last PM on May 7. Messages to and from a board member yesterday and today came and went without email notifications. Go figure.
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I'm still getting Private Message notifications. 2 on Oct. 21, 1 on Oct. 23. I probably don't have any Topic notifications set.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org