Flutini

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
Terry McGee
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Terry McGee »

Scott - it would be nice if Flutini could recall previously saved graphs. Any chance of adding a File/Open feature that would enable you to recall anything saved using the File/Save Summary feature and display it using your usual screen?

Terry
Dan Gordon

Mac version of flutini

Post by Dan Gordon »

Hello all you mac users,

I've done a fairly quick and dirty build of flutini for mac. If you want a copy, pm me. So far it's only been tested on my intel imac; I keep meaning to test it on my home machine, which is a ppc imac, but haven't yet done so. So there are no guarantees!

Cheers, Dan
kmarty
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Flutini

Post by kmarty »

Hi,
because Flutini for Mac, flutini.app.tar.gz, isn't available on http://www.novasession.org/Flutini/ (I got "Page not found" instead of this app) , I tried to make "winebottled" version: Flutini.dmg
(Mac Intel only)

It is original flutini.exe which MS Win users already knows. It is exactly as you can find at its home url, but it is "bottled" into Wine using WineBottler. Thanks to emulated MS Win API it is much bigger (about 320MB) than it should be, but it seems to work.
Hope it helps.

EDIT: flutini.app.tar.gz found! Its name isn't flutini.app.tar.gz, but Flutini.app.tar.gz. Unfortunately it didn't change much for me, because everything I can see in this (original) Flutini.app is "Error opening sound device for recording" and I can't choose anything else than "Default" :-(.
plamas

Post by plamas »

So how come I've been using a Mac version of Flutini for the last couple of years?
Hammy
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

plamas wrote:So how come I've been using a Mac version of Flutini for the last couple of years?
Hammy
What version of Mac OSX are you using? Just last month I was told by the flutini site owner that flutini for Mac is unavailable because it is incompatible with recent Versions of the Mac operating system. He did not give me specifics however.
Steve Bliven

Post by Steve Bliven »

I've been using is with my (somewhat antiquated) OSX 10.5.8

Best wishes.

Steve
Live your life so that, if it was a book, Florida would ban it.
paddler

Post by paddler »

Just 4 days ago, I received an email from Scott Turner, the creator of Flutini, saying:
Flutini doesn't work with any recent Mac OS.
I'm not sure what constitutes "recent" in this context, but if anyone knows of a version that runs on 10.6.8 I'd like to hear about it!

Jon
kmarty

Post by kmarty »

In my post above is link to (original) Flutini.app.tar.gz and "winebottled" Flutini.dmg (winebottled version should work in Snow Leopard, but if original version works for you, use it).
Or you can create own winebottled flutini.exe if you don't trust me - it's easy and usefull links are also in my previous post.
minorpolka

Post by minorpolka »

I've been thinking that a program like this would be great if it was remade for mobile device applications. It would be nice to have Flutini in a phone or tablet. Maybe some day..
Ketil

Post by Ketil »

I would pay a few bucks for a android app version of this device! Any takers out there?

Ketil
plamas

Post by plamas »

I'm using 10.6.8 Snow leopard. on this Flutini doesn't work perfectly but enough to be really useful.
Thank you everyone who has made this wonderful resource available.
All the Best
Hammy
kmarty

Post by kmarty »

Which version is working in your 10.6.8? Native(original mac version) or "winebottled"(MS Win app "bottled" into Wine)?

"Winebottled" version has all bugs which has original MS Win app, of course (it is the same app, just covered by Wine to be able to run on Mac) plus other possible bugs due to MS Win and Wine incompatibility.
cboody

Post by cboody »

I was unable to get the wine bottled version to work on Mac "Mavericks" OS (10.9.1). I didn't have a moment to try bottling Flutini on my Mac, but will try to remember to do so after we get back from a couple of weekends of music making and a week of visiting.
plamas

Post by plamas »

Not sure what version I'm using. Had it at one stage but it stopped working for me. So after a couple of years I googled it found what purported to be a Mac version, and down loaded it. cmdi tells me that it dates from 2009.
It works, but often quits for no reason, and not all of the features are available, but it's still very useful .....
Hammy
fyffer

Post by fyffer »

Wow, I've been gone a long time. :)
I'm a little late to the party, but I just started using flutini, and as simple as it is, I do love it!
As my name might imply, I'm interested in using it for a fife, B-flat to be specific, so I was wondering if you might be able to add a 'transpose' option to the preferences.
If I play a D scale on my Bb (Ab-concert), it registers as an A#(ish) scale:
A#5
C6
D6
D#6
F6
G6
A6
A#6

It would be nice to see that look like D scale to me.
It seems to me (as another programmer), that one could very easily add a "Transpose by # of semitones" to the RTTA tab for display purposes only.

Any thoughts?

I always feel a little guilty asking hobby programmers for work for free (like I have bugged Jef Moine (abcm2ps) a gazillion times).
I'm willing to throw a couple of bucks your way - I might even be able to get more if I can convince my corps members to use the program as well. Tuning is a HUGE issue for us (we play up to 4-part harmony), so any tool to help us at home is a good thing.

Thanks in advance!
-Chris
___\|/______________________________
|___O____|_O_O_o_|_o_O__O__|_O__O__|