New features available for the WARBL whistle/pipes USB MIDI

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

New features available for the WARBL whistle/pipes USB MIDI

Post by eskin »

Working with Andrew Mowry, the inventor of the WARBL, I’ve added some new features to the "Configure WARBL" control panel at:

https://warbl.xyz/configure.html

1) Pressure graph shows the WARBL input pressure over time. Available in both the Web and iOS App versions.

2) Import and Export of presets. Saves or loads all the values a single instrument preset to the currently selected instrument tab. You can then modify it if desired save it to the WARBL. It does not save the imported preset to the WARBL until you specifically tell the control panel to store it in the WARBL. Available only in the Web version.

Demo video of the new features:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49KojYl ... e=youtu.be
swizzlestick
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Re: New features available for the WARBL whistle/pipes USB M

Post by swizzlestick »

Thanks to both of you! It's been exciting to see how quickly the Warbl has evolved over such a short time.
All of us contain Music & Truth, but most of us can't get it out. -- Mark Twain
fearfaoin
antispam: No

Re: New features available for the WARBL whistle/pipes USB MIDI

Post by fearfaoin »

So I logged in for the first time in .... so, so long. And the first thing I see is my dream made reality. This looks amazing. Exactly what I was trying to dream up years ago. Fantastic work. I can't wait for it to ship.
Thank you, gentlemen, for the excellent work.
FRANK.M.
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm searching for really well sounding electronic bagpipes,
like vpipes uilleann set, Hevia etc. I hope I will find a seller here because in Germany it's almost impossible to find any .

Post by FRANK.M. »

Hi, I'm very curious and thinking about buying a Warbl. As I am writing from Germany and not sure if I understood every information about the Warbl correctly, can you please help me with the following questions:
With the Warbl it's possible to play vibratos and slide/bending of notes?
It's possible to change between half-open and uilleann fingering, with usage of the bottom hole sensor?
And my most important question:
Is there any really good sample set of uilleann pipes for windows pc, maybe in connection with my cubase DAW?
I'm hoping for something which sounds as good as the vpipes.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Frank
jimhanks
Tell us something.: I play lots of instruments including several wind instruments like recorder and Native American flutes. I'm looking to expand my horizons and learn more about whistles, especially wooden ones.

Post by jimhanks »

FRANK.M. wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:22 am Hi, I'm very curious and thinking about buying a Warbl. As I am writing from Germany and not sure if I understood every information about the Warbl correctly, can you please help me with the following questions:
With the Warbl it's possible to play vibratos and slide/bending of notes?
It's possible to change between half-open and uilleann fingering, with usage of the bottom hole sensor?
And my most important question:
Is there any really good sample set of uilleann pipes for windows pc, maybe in connection with my cubase DAW?
I'm hoping for something which sounds as good as the vpipes.
Thanks a lot for your help!
Frank
You can do vibrato and pitch bend

For the other questions, you might want to search/ask on the WARBL forum. Here's one thread on pipes: https://warbl.xyz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f ... Pipes#p832
FRANK.M.
Tell us something.: I'm searching for really well sounding electronic bagpipes,
like vpipes uilleann set, Hevia etc. I hope I will find a seller here because in Germany it's almost impossible to find any .

Post by FRANK.M. »

That's very helpful, thanks a lot :thumbsup: