CP: Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support now in my apps!

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
eskin
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

CP: Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support now in my apps!

Post by eskin »

Historically, all of my iPad traditional musical instrument apps (those that are not MIDI controllers) have been standalone instruments. If you wanted to record with them, you’d have to plug a cable into the headphone jack of the iPad and then into a hardware multi-track mixer/recorder setup.

This past week, I released updates to all the pro versions of my Tin Whistle and Irish Flute apps as well as the two Uilleann apps to support Audiobus and Inter-App Audio. This means you can use them to do multitrack recording right on the iPad now in GarageBand for iOS (and many other apps) and include tracks played live with these apps!

"World of Bagpipes" is now "Bagpipes Pro" and adds the ability to transpose into any key as well as tune the pipes up to +/- 50 cents. It has Great Highland Bagpipes, Scottish Border and Smallpipes, Uilleann pipes (GHB range only) and Swedish Sackpipa as instruments. It also now has Audiobus and IAA.

My "Englitina" English concertina as well as the "Trapezoid" hammered dulcimer apps for iPad also were upgraded.

Next week, there will be updates coming out to all the iPad accordions (Piano, Chromatic, two and 3-row) adding Audiobus and IAA support, among them the 2-row B/C, C#/D, D/G, B/C+chromatic Hohner Melodeon app, so if you have any of those, you’ll have some great new capabilities next week.

The Dusty Strings D550 hammered dulcimer app is also getting the new features.

If you already have any of these apps already on your iPad, the updates are free of course.

If you want to learn more, please check out my full app catalog website at:

http://AppCordions.com

Cheers and thanks,

Michael
Byll
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Long ago, I was told that I faked iTrad whistle work very well. I took that comment to heart. 20 years of private lessons - and many, many hours of rehearsal later - I certainly hope I have improved...

Re: CP: Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support now in my apps!

Post by Byll »

Michael: I spend significant time performing Celtic, American Folk, and World music with my band. One of my instruments is hammer dulcimer. For years, I played a Rizzetta Extended Range instrument. In these last years, my age - and the notable weight and bulk of the ER - have dictated that the beloved ER remain in the studio. Ergo, for some time I have played a Dusty Strings D550 on stage. Sam Rizzetta and I modified it, to be a full 4 octaves+, on a 3 octave frame.

I find your HD app to be an amazing achievement in a lot of ways, and one of those ways is that you have captured the sound of the D550 remarkably well. Quite an accomplishment. I watched the 15 minute demo on your site, and must say that you have done a truly fine job, overall... The demo did not mention if use of the pictured dampers is available in the controls/preferences... Maybe in the future?

In any case, I salute you, Michael.
Best.
Byll
'Everything Matters...'
Lisa Diane Cope 1963-1979
eskin

Post by eskin »

No, still waiting on dampened samples from Dusty Strings but based on some early testing I don't think they will ever make it into the app.

What I noticed is that when playing dampened, players rely more on percussive expression rather than layered texturing. When I tried the app with some simulated dampened samples, it was completely unsatisfying to play.

Maybe someday when we can reliably determine how hard someone hits the screen I can add dampers and more expressiveness, but for now, I think it will be just hard and soft hammer samples.
eskin

Post by eskin »

The update to the D550 app with Audiobus and Inter-App Audio support for GarageBand is out!