Trad Looper

Oxymorons "R" Us
Forum rules
Please see forum announcement for description and rules!
vermichou
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Trad Looper

Post by vermichou »

Hey guys,

Merry Christmas! Under the tree, I have a little something I've had in mind for a while for my flute playing. A little webapp that allows you to enter your TheSession user ID to get your tunebook, then build sets of tunes, and have the system automatically back you up with the drone/schrutti box in the correct key and bodhran as well.

You can also request the system to suggest a tune and it will make a suggestion based on what you have in your set, where you want the tune (first, last, in between), and what's in your tunebook.

Couple of screenshots here, it's not live yet but this is coming soon (and it's free and a project for fun). Credits will be posted accordingly.

Post here if interested and I'll keep you posted :party:

Image Image Image
Loren
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Re: Trad Looper

Post by Loren »

Cool idea, looking forward to seeing how it turns out :thumbsup:
Jeggy
Tell us something.: Started playing trad about 25 years ago with tin whistles, and bought first flute about 20 years ago. Played very sporadically, with very little discipline or tuition and unsurprisingly made little progress. Started playing again a couple of years ago after not playing much for 15-16 years.

Post by Jeggy »

That sounds really cool vermichou. I'm not sure if I'm the only one but I have this strange inability to tap my foot to the rhythm of the music when I play - it's either play or tap my foot, never both, oddly. I've tried various metronome apps to play along with to strengthen my timing and keep me at a steady pace and not too fast. This might be something I can really get a lot out of, thank you!
vermichou

Post by vermichou »

Hey guys,

Here's the prototype :)

https://magitune-7bee0.web.app/

Still have to add proper credits to The Session for the API and https://www.tunesandtools.com/ for the loops.

Let me know your thoughts below!
learn2turn
Tell us something.: I play mostly my Killary Brass High-D and MK Pro low-D. Also like my Dixon Trad high D and my Dixon Polymer Low-D. I have a bunch of other cheap high-Ds and a few whistles in other keys I dabble with once in a while. Also play some guitar and mando, mostly bluegrass and related folkie Americana. Can't sing for squat. Can pick out chords and simple melodies on a keyboard but that's it; can't really play but it's good for understanding theory.

Post by learn2turn »

Tried it but it didn't recognize my The Session user....