Can you spot the Redwolf in this video?

Tá Failte Romhat! For all conversation about the Irish language. Scots Gaelic discussion welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for people who are interested in the Irish language and various Celtic languages to discuss them, to practice them, and to share information about them, particularly (but not exclusively) in the context of traditional music and culture.

This is not a "translation forum," per se, though translation requests may occasionally be honored at the discretion of the moderators. If you're seeking a one-time translation for something like a tattoo, engraving, wedding vow, or other such purpose, we strongly recommend that you visit our friends at ILF: http://irishlearner.awyr.com
Redwolf
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Can you spot the Redwolf in this video?

Post by Redwolf »

A couple of years ago TG4 did a documentary on a friend of mine, Nikki Ragsdale, called "Rock Chick an tSean-nóis." We had a bit of a seisiún at her house for part of the filming, and I show up very briefly in a couple of the clips (I'm the one with the light-colored harp):

http://www.tg4.ie/ie/tg4-player/tg4-pla ... itle=Cogar

Pretty much everyone from our small Irish-speaking/learning community was there, so you get a little look at the folk of "Gaeltacht Bhá Naoimh Phronsias."

Redwolf
...agus déanfaidh mé do mholadh ar an gcruit a Dhia, a Dhia liom!
JackCampin

Re: Can you spot the Redwolf in this video?

Post by JackCampin »

That link just takes me to the TG4 home page.
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

Hmm - works for me. :-?
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Tribal musician
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Using Firefox with NoScript or something, Jack? (Had to temporarily allow some stuff here... on which note I could see the light-coloured harp, but not really well enough to tell whether the player was either red or a wolf!)
And we in dreams behold the Hebrides.

Master of nine?
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Peter Duggan wrote:Using Firefox with NoScript or something, Jack? (Had to temporarily allow some stuff here... on which note I could see the light-coloured harp, but not really well enough to tell whether the player was either red or a wolf!)
The harp shows up more often than I do...but I'm near the very end, chatting briefly with Nikki. Dark green sweater, long reddish hair, glasses, bit on the plump side.

Redwolf
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

JackCampin wrote:That link just takes me to the TG4 home page.
If it just takes you to the home page, Jack, try clicking on "documentaries" (or "faisnéise," if it's taking you to the Irish site) and then on the program title.

Redwolf
Peter Duggan
Tell us something.: I'm not registering, I'm trying to edit my profile! The field “Tell us something.” is too short, a minimum of 100 characters is required.

Post by Peter Duggan »

Didn't realise there was more to come after the commercial break(s), so watching the rest now! :oops:

Master of nine?
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Peter Duggan wrote:Didn't realise there was more to come after the commercial break(s), so watching the rest now! :oops:
Yeah...until fairly recently, TG4 split its archived shows into two or more portions, and some of the older ones are still labeled "cuid a haon" and "cuid a dó," even though they now keep playing past the commercial break.

There's actually a pretty good shot of me chatting with Nikki near the end. I'm 40ish, a bit on the plump side and have long, reddish hair, glasses, and a green sweater.

Redwolf
Peter Duggan

Post by Peter Duggan »

Yep, got you now (09:34 in the second portion?) and you look just fine (if not very wolfish), but don't know who they think's watching with all the ads for, um, ladies' stuff and nappies!

Master of nine?
Redwolf

Post by Redwolf »

Peter Duggan wrote:Yep, got you now (09:34 in the second portion?) and you look just fine (if not very wolfish), but don't know who they think's watching with all the ads for, um, ladies' stuff and nappies!
You never know what kinds of ads will show up on TG4! I'm not sure they do the kind of market research other stations do.

Redwolf