Poetry

Tá Failte Romhat! For all conversation about the Irish language. Scots Gaelic discussion welcome.
Forum rules
The purpose of this forum is to provide a place for people who are interested in the Irish language and various Celtic languages to discuss them, to practice them, and to share information about them, particularly (but not exclusively) in the context of traditional music and culture.

This is not a "translation forum," per se, though translation requests may occasionally be honored at the discretion of the moderators. If you're seeking a one-time translation for something like a tattoo, engraving, wedding vow, or other such purpose, we strongly recommend that you visit our friends at ILF: http://irishlearner.awyr.com
Anam Cara 1956
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I love traditional music especially Flute and whistles. I am presently awaiting a new Gilles Léhart flute and can't wait to give it a lash. I am a new to the flute and it has taken me almost a year just to get a basic tone. I am 63 with a positive attitude .

Poetry

Post by Anam Cara 1956 »

As Cuimhne

Bhí sé scríofa ar na ballaí fadó.
Go gasta a chuaigh sí
ar na boithre gan treo.
Go háiteanna nach bhfuil ann
idir aislingí bréagacha .
Gan machnamh .
Gan léargas .
Chuaigh sí amach as cuimhne
a saoil ina gréasán aici .
Gan breathniú orm .
Gan smaointe orm .
Ach….gan deireadh .
Ag fanacht go suaimhneach orm,
póg a thabhairt di.

Mac Giolla Fhaoláin 2016
Lonyy
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I want to be a part of Chiff and Fipple community, so I am registering now. I am here because I fond of music instruments, especially flute and others. Now I can play the piano and the guitar, and flute is the new instrument for me.

Re: Poetry

Post by Lonyy »

[Thread revival. - Mod]

I was searching forum and found this thread with no replies... wanted to say that this poem even looks beautiful, and after translation I like the way it sounds. I think that the best way to dive into culture is to learn language, music and other sorts of art. Thank for sharing this poem!