test of message that gave system error

You can come in here and play around until you get the hang of forum posts. It's unlikely you'll be yelled at.
david_h
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

test of message that gave system error

Post by david_h »

Terry McGee wrote: Mon Apr 03, 2023 4:33 pm Plausible?
Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear that that was what I was suggesting by 'closed pipe resonance'. I slipped up on the Hz because they were the number I was diving 343 by to get millimetres..
david_h

Re: test of message that gave system error

Post by david_h »

First paragraph works, but when I tried to edit [so far so good] on the end I got the system error
david_h

Post by david_h »

When making the shhhh sound with the lips are we tuning noise or selectively amplifying/attenuating parts of it with a resonance in our mouths. So unlike when we whistle with our lips there is no feedback to the jet. Maybe we are also selecting what gets to our ears via our head cavities.
david_h

Post by david_h »

Second paragraph (above) works, but editing on a blank line and [so that works] doesn't work
david_h

Post by david_h »

The 5kHz is in the right ballpark to be an open tube resonance in the calibrator. Back to pushing string?

[third paragraph works - and I edited this in]
david_h

Post by david_h »

The last two paragraphs together don't work.

Doing this today because I realised I still had the text file I'd kept to keep trying the post

Maybe there is a bad character (maybe CTRL+ something) in the white space between the paragraphs. The system seems to trim off leading and trailing blank lines so with the paragraphs one by one whatever it is might not get through and cause a problem. Though hard to see why that would stop me adding to the first post in this 'discussion'.

I'll have a look at the file. I saved it by going back in the browser after the first system error, so whatever it is was entered from my keyboard into the edit box here.
david_h

Post by david_h »

Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear that that was what I was suggesting by 'closed pipe resonance'. I slipped up on the Hz because they were the number I was diving 343 by to get millimetres. When making the shhhh sound with the lips are we tuning noise or selectively amplifying/attenuating parts of it with a resonance in our mouths. So unlike when we whistle with our lips there is no feedback to the jet. Maybe we are also selecting what gets to our ears via our head cavities. The 5kHz is in the right ballpark to be an open tube resonance in the calibrator. Back to pushing string?

[that's the full post with the paragraphs run together]
david_h

Post by david_h »

Yes, sorry, I wasn't clear that that was what I was suggesting by 'closed pipe resonance'. I slipped up on the Hz because they were the number I was diving 343 by to get millimetres.

When making the shhhh sound with the lips are we tuning noise or selectively amplifying/attenuating parts of it with a resonance in our mouths. So unlike when we whistle with our lips there is no feedback to the jet. Maybe we are also selecting what gets to our ears via our head cavities.

The 5kHz is in the right ballpark to be an open tube resonance in the calibrator. Back to pushing string?

[Paragraphs separate]
david_h

Post by david_h »

Found it - maybe!!

The original post had two full stops at the end of the first paragraph. Editing the above post to add the second one gives the system error
david_h

Post by david_h »

Two full stops..

Then a blank line
david_h

Post by david_h »

millimetres..

xxx
david_h

Post by david_h »

Dunno, I give up. I can post two full stops here but I can't add to the end of the first post in the other discussion
Nanohedron
Moderatorer
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a fluter, citternist, and uilleann piper; committed now to the way of the harp.

Oh, yeah: also a mod here, not a spammer. A matter of opinion, perhaps.

Post by Nanohedron »

We will have to wait for Ben to bend his mind to this mystery.
"If you take music out of this world, you will have nothing but a ball of fire." - Balochi musician
kkrell
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Post by kkrell »

I suspect some obscure punctuation somewhere. If you're copying from text elsewhere & think there's an invisible character, if you have MS WORD I know that you can view special formatting marks (like paragraph marks, carriage returns.breaks) to spot anything. Also, since the board relies on the use of brackets for commands like

Code: Select all

[img], [/img],[quote], [/quote], even font size & color
any stray brackets might mess things up, too.
International Traditional Music Society, Inc.
A non-profit 501c3 charity/educational public benefit corporation
Wooden Flute Obsession CDs (3 volumes, 6 discs, 7 hours, 120 players/tracks)
https://www.worldtrad.org
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

Nanohedron wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 12:34 pm We will have to wait for Ben to bend his mind to this mystery.
Ben's been thinking about it, and drawing blanks ... :-?