FS: Gemeinhardt 2sp Boehm flute, Mando, Viola

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
greenspiderweb
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

FS: Gemeinhardt 2sp Boehm flute, Mando, Viola

Post by greenspiderweb »

OK gang, still going through some tough times: got a mixed bag here to raise some more quickly needed cash. Really wanted to keep these, but duty calls, so here they are for sale (US only please), Paypal payment preferred; will split PayPal fee with buyer:

Gemeinhardt 2sp Boehm flute (C foot); $200 plus shipping. Great flute!-all silver plated including headjoint, great embouchure cut (desirable older model-J serial no, J-1 elliptical cut headjoint-looks like rounded rectangle, but more elliptical than square) and very nice tone. In really nice shape (no dents, dings) and great pads, excellent overall condition. Doesn't seem to have had much playing time on it, including from me. With hardcase, and also includes short headjoint and elbow too, if you need the smaller reach. Sounds best with straight headjoint though. All those keys, great tone and easy fingering for so little money, and why I kept it until the end-my last side blown flute.

Gold Tone Weissenborn is SOLD To a real nice fellow chiffer-1st one I've met in person since I've been here-thank you for everything-it was great to meet you and a pleasure talking to you. This guy can really play too! I'm glad it found a good home!

Fullerton Pennington model F style mandolin [Note edited to add]: (all laminated construction), with hardcase $150 plus shipping; in Almost New cond (no wear to speak of) and very little play time. Bought when the Fullertons were being closed out by music123 a few years ago, and an amazing sounding mandolin for the price, Spruce top, back and sides of Maple (all laminated). Might be good candidate for a proper set up-though it plays and sounds well as is, it might be worth it if you want the most from it-more power, etc. Maybe a new bridge also eventually-had to glue a crack in this bridge, but is holding fine since it was glued at least a year ago, and you might never even need to either, for that matter. Very hard to beat the deal with any current available mandos in this price range, for sure-the workmanship is very nice on it as well. I kept this one, and sold my Gloucester, if that tells you anything. For the price alone, with hardcase, it's a good F style starter mandolin. Probably not the best type of mandolin for Irish music, but again, as a starter, it would be hard to improve on, I believe. Does not have a very thick finish-and maybe part of the reason an all laminated instrument can sound this good, along with a decent bridge fitting for a factory model. Note: plastic film is still on the pickguard in the picture (just taken now).

Viola (16-1/2"), all solid woods, with bow and hardcase $200 plus shipping; bought directly from China for the same price. Really nice instrument (well made, nice woods) and tone, hardly played at all-like new. Someone should play and enjoy this one, even if not me! Deep, soulful tone.

All instruments kept humidified and looked after to keep in a stable environment.I can send pictures (or links to them after I take them) via email if you are interested, before buying.

PM or email with interest or inquiries by using the buttons below.

Thank you!
Last edited by greenspiderweb on Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:12 am, edited 4 times in total.
~~~~
Barry
greenspiderweb

Re: FS: Gemeinhardt 2sp Boehm flute, Mando, Viola

Post by greenspiderweb »

The Gold Tone Weissenborn is now SOLD!
~~~~
Barry
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

Pictures added! Please ask if you want more via Email, or other details.

Thanks,
~~~~
Barry
greenspiderweb

Post by greenspiderweb »

Decided to pull the mandolin from sale, since I've tuned it up and kept it at concert pitch for a bit now, the bridge crack is coming back. So, it will need a new bridge definitely, to get in proper playing condition. Can't see selling it for much less, so I think I'll just tune it down, and keep it until I can afford to buy another bridge at least. Who knows, maybe I'll start playing it again.

Sorry for the inconvenience and taking it off the market.

Still have the lovely Gemeinhardt 2SP flute, and the great sounding Viola. If you're interested, just give me a shout.

Thanks,
~~~~
Barry