eBay: Casey Burns Honduran Rosewood D flute SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
cavefish
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

eBay: Casey Burns Honduran Rosewood D flute SOLD

Post by cavefish »

I am selling a 25 year + old Burns flute, , somewhere down the line I think someone has fiddled with some holes, or it just changed pitch, through out time , either way it is about 40+or - bright A440-------

this beautiful Flute plays great and is in tune with itself no cracks, or dents, it is a perfect irish flute for a beginner, oiled regularly , all parts perfect and come part for cleaning asking 300.00 +shipping OBO
Choose you this day, whom ye shall serve
cavefish
Tell us something.: been out of it for awhile and decided to start back up on the flute and whistle , been doing NAFs and saxophones

Re: FS: Casey Burns Honduran Rosewood D flute

Post by cavefish »

cavefish

Re: eBay: Casey Burns Honduran Rosewood D flute 7/15

Post by cavefish »

the headjoint looks perfect and i have plenty room to move the plug
everything is beautiful no dents , nothing except the "imperfect turning". i am in no way a seasoned flute player like some on here, i am just telling it the way it is as to NOT mislead anyone,
i know how to tune and adjust holes, it will not play a perfect dead 0 A440 on all notes no matter where i put the plug, at least for me -
when i have the plug at 22mm it plays good but bright about 40cents, i also have an O-ring outside and inside to pull the headjoint out a bit
this seems to be the happy point--- if I have the plug a 25/26mm it plays some notes on zero but others are flat/bright so it sounds off to my ears

it may just need a simple overhaul

i am sure someone like Casey has some tricks/undercuts etc to improving the headjoint,tuning etc ----- thats beyond me, and i am not going to experiment , what I think now is whoever buys it should send it to Casey to perfect the tuning
cavefish

Re: eBay: Casey Burns Honduran Rosewood D flute 7/15

Post by cavefish »

SOLD