FS: Copley 4-key blackwood flute

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Jay
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello, I make flutes for Irish traditional music. Three models in D (Large and small Rudalls and a Pratten), a Boosey Eb, and a Rudall Bb.

FS: Copley 4-key blackwood flute

Post by Jay »

I’m selling because I just bought an 8-key and need the money to set my finances straight. This is a really lovely playing flute.

To describe, it’s Dave’s standard model flute, which is similar to a Hawkes flute, or somewhere between a Pratten and Rudall. I would say his design leans a bit toward the Pratten side. It’s a relatively easy flute to fill and has a nice strong bottom end, with flexibility to be reedy or not at your disposal, with plenty of volume for playing at sessions. It has a fully lined headjoint. This particular flute has 4 block mounted keys (Eb, short F, G#, and Bb), which makes it fully chromatic with a crossfingered C natural. The keywork is very solid and reliable. Tuning is dead on. I purchased it about 1-1/2 years ago. This flute is in near mint condition.

Dave currently sells his 4-key flute for $1925. I'm asking $1600 USD, which includes shipping within the continental US.

ImageImage