Two Whistles For Sale (Humphrey and a Mystery Whistle) (SOLD)

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Bretton
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Two Whistles For Sale (Humphrey and a Mystery Whistle) (SOLD)

Post by Bretton »

SOLD - Thanks!

One is an early Gary Humphrey high-D whistle. It's pre-Stealth so still has a brass pin in the head. It's a "trad" (narrow) bore with a Delrin head and brass body. It's a fairly quiet, low-air whistle, at least compared to the "Session" Humphrey I currently play. It has a nice patina on the brass, the end of the tube is no longer perfectly round, and it has a few superficial nicks and scratches from general use, but is otherwise in good condition and plays and sounds great.

The other is a "Mystery" whistle. I'm pretty sure I bought it from a maker who was active here on C&F at one point, but I can't remember their name. It's got a boxwood head with a brass pin and a thicker (than the Humphrey) brass body. It's also fairly quiet, low-air, and has a very sweet 2nd octave. It's also got a nice patina on the brass, but is otherwise in excellent condition.

It's been a while, but I believe I paid a bit over $100 for each new. I'd like to get $100 for the pair, USPS Priority Mail shipping included (to USA addresses). PayPal, Venmo, or Chime.

Here's a photo: http://bretterb.info/images/whistles.html

Thanks! -Brett
Last edited by Bretton on Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mr.Gumby

Re: Two Whistles For Sale (Humphrey and a Mystery Whistle)

Post by Mr.Gumby »

The other is a "Mystery" whistle.
Olivier Bouchard. Most likely.

[This post shall stand. Mod]
My brain hurts

Bretton
Tell us something.: I've been playing whistle for a very long time, but never seem to get any better than I was about 10 years ago. I'm okay with that. :)

Re: Two Whistles For Sale (Humphrey and a Mystery Whistle)

Post by Bretton »

Yes, that's it! Thanks.