FS: 8 key "Nach Meyer" flute WITHDRAWN

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
fsharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing flute for about 20 years... however, recently, due to surgery on my right hand I find it difficult to cover the holes in a flute, so, apart from a Boehm instrument, I'm not playing.
"that's Alright, I still have my guitar"
I still have a great interest in ITM

FS: 8 key "Nach Meyer" flute WITHDRAWN

Post by fsharp »

I bought it to try to play an open hole flute again after having surgery to my right finger, but alas, I find it impossible to cover the right hand holes consistently due to the finger being a bit misshapen, and also the fingers are out of alignment, so I 'll persevere with my silver flute. There are photos and full description on both Gumtree and FB Market Place. any questions please ask. I don't know how to post photos, but here's the description listed on Gumtree and MarketPlace. Look under "Antique Wooden Flute" on Marketplace, and "Wooden 8 Key Flute" on Gumtree. I'm in Hereford UK but will post.
Thanks, Harry
Probably from the late 19th century in overall very nice condition, There are a filled cracks in the head joint, which do not go through the embouchure due to the metal lip plate and the metal decorative finials on either end have been removed: I was going to attach some silver rings to these parts to finish it, but due to my selling it I won't now be doing that.
As with a lot of older flutes the F# is a few cents flat, but can be remedied somewhat by venting the Fnatural key. I have repadded the keys with closed foam and they work well and are airtight, apart from the C and C# keys which need a bit of attention.
The metal fittings are more silver than the photos show as they were photographed in artificial lighting
I'm selling due to having surgery on my right middle finger which sadly prevents me from covering the holes on the bottom flute joint properly.
I can provide photos of specific areas if required.
Inspection and trial essential for this sale No Offers Please.
"is it about a bicycle"?
fsharp
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing flute for about 20 years... however, recently, due to surgery on my right hand I find it difficult to cover the holes in a flute, so, apart from a Boehm instrument, I'm not playing.
"that's Alright, I still have my guitar"
I still have a great interest in ITM

Re: FS: 8 key "Nach Meyer" flute

Post by fsharp »

I am deleting this listing from the Used Instruments exchange.
"is it about a bicycle"?