FS: Thornton brass D SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Sirchronique
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

FS: Thornton brass D SOLD

Post by Sirchronique »

Ahoy

I have for sale a very nice Thornton D whistle, made by Tommy Martin. $120 OBO. I don’t remember what I paid for it, as it was bought a number of years back. I think it was somewhere around this ballpark. I hate to see it not getting much use, but I simply have too many soprano D whistles and tend to pick up the same two 90% of the time, so I would like to move this along to someone who will use it and enjoy it. I’d prefer to ship within the continental US.

This is one of the earlier ones with a brass body tube and delrin fipple (with brass cover over the mouthpiece). It is tunable and is a very freeblowing (though not inefficient) soprano D. Easy to play, nice and chirpy second octave, full and round low octave, moderate volume, and looks nice. It has a rather unique beak design which feels quite nice in the mouth.

I believe the head on this is the same as how he does his current conical whistles, but it’s just got a cylindrical brass tube.

If you’re interested or would like more information, please send me a PM.

Yup
Sirchronique
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Re: FS: Thornton brass D

Post by Sirchronique »

Sold!

Thanks