FS: Smallpipes in A by Robert Felsburg SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
dyersituations
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

FS: Smallpipes in A by Robert Felsburg SOLD

Post by dyersituations »

I’m the second owner of these smallpipes by Robert Felsburg and only played them a few times since purchasing them a few years. From what I was told, I don’t think the previous owner played them much either. The set still looks unused. While preparing the set for sale recently, I found that the reeds all still sound, and the bag and bellows seem airtight. I added a tiny bit of thread to a socket on the bellows to get them completely airtight again.

The previous owner, who purchased the set new, was in Hawaii, so some of the set has Koa wood. Robert made this set in a simpler style, and I guess it’s somewhat unique of a set, since his simpler sets are usually one wood and not Koa. The tone is the same as his “fancier” sets.

While all of the reeds play, they definitely need some tweaking. I replaced a broken rubber bridle with thread, but I didn’t want to tweak the reeds further without more knowledge of smallpipes (I play uilleann pipes). The drone reeds are synthetic, and the chanter reed is cane. It has a leather bag and cherry bellows.

I reached out to Robert about selling this set, and he offered a check-up and reed check.

Sets of this style from Robert currently cost $1900 and have a 1 year waiting list. I’m asking $1200 USD, and I’ll pay for shipping in the continental USA to Robert and from Robert to you, if you are interested and would like to get the set checked up and tuned before arriving. This set will be close to buying new with this set being mostly unused and checked on by the maker.

I’d consider a partial or full trade for an Irish flute (F, Bb, keyless D), Bb whistle, or uilleann chanter (especially C, B, or Bb).

Here’s Robert’s website: https://www.thequietpiper.com/

Life is good.
dyersituations
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Re: FS: Smallpipes in A by Robert Felsburg

Post by dyersituations »

SOLD
Life is good.