FS/FT: Shure SM57 Microphone

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Sirchronique
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

FS/FT: Shure SM57 Microphone

Post by Sirchronique »

As the title says, I have a Shure SM57 microphone for sale, in like-new condition. I’m selling for $65, which is a pretty substantial savings over the new price.

This microphone speaks for itself, as it’s the industry-standard and I would estimate is probably used on upwards of 3/4 of all commercial music recordings. It’s great for recording pretty much any instrument, and works well for strings, percussion, woodwinds, vocals, etc. It’s also good for running various acoustic instruments through a pedalboard for keeping a natural sound but being able to apply EQ, compression, or other effects.

Reason for selling is that I already had one and ordered this second one, but found I prefer to use a different type of mic (which I ordered at the same time) in conjunction with my other SM57 for certain applications where I would use two mics. This one is in new condition. The box is a bit bent, but the mic itself is pristine. It comes with a case, the included mic cable, and the microphone stand mount, as well as all of the papers and whatnot.

So, if you’d like to buy it, please let me know!

I’d also possibly be willing to offer it as a trade/partial trade towards any nice whistles you might have available that catch my interest, such as Reviol, Lambe, Löfgren, Potter, Carbony, or perhaps other things. I’d prefer an outright sale, but I’d be tempted by any of the aforementioned things.

Keep skootin’,
SirC