FS Low D Alloy Shearwater Whistle

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Peter Piper
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Hello, I have been playing the whistle for several years and play in a ceilidh band which is why I am interested in this forum. Irish Music is of great interest to me especially as I have Irish relatives.

FS Low D Alloy Shearwater Whistle

Post by Peter Piper »

FS. In the UK. My Shearwater low D alloy whistle like new and in pristine condition. Bought for my wife who has very small hands so I asked my sax/clarinet engineer expert to put some tone hole key covers on it. He has fitted the whistle with clarinet keys which close holes 1, 3 and 6 (in the same way that sax keys are covered) making it easier for someone with a limited reach to play the instrument.
There are two adjustable thumb rests on the back opposite holes 1 and 3 to assist with balance. Obviously I paid for the adjustments which have been expertly done.

Unfortunately, my wife is unable to contiue playing the whistle due to ill health. The Shearwater whistles are made in the UK and are not factory produced. This whistle is ideal for a child or adult with small hands and who find the pipers grip equally difficult on a low whistle. The engineer said that the tone hole covers can come off if it was to be used as a straighforward low d whistle. A versatile instrument. It plays like a dream with a great Irish husky sound through both octaves, easy blowing and in immaculate condition.
£85 plus £5 courier cost. Private sale. Despatch to the UK only. Photos available on request or for any further information.
Peter.