FS: Tilbury In G SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
tomcat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

FS: Tilbury In G SOLD

Post by tomcat »

An aluminum low G whistle in good condition. No dings, no dents. Minor surface wear.

Here's what I like about it - first, its easy to control - you think it and it plays. Its not temperamental and the upper register isn't shrill. The holes are an easy reach - there's need for pipers grip. And it plays in tune in both octaves. The upper register is quite nice. Its not breathy in tone (which is either a plus or minus depending on your preference). What I wish it had - was a little stronger low end. It's there but not as robust as others. I've used it to play at church into a microphone and found it to blend well with other instruments. Its on the quiet side, which again can be a plus if you're at home or playing into a mic. Not so much if you are playing outside without a microphone.

I'm not playing whistle as much these days and need to let this baby go to someone who may play it more. New they run $129. I've had this one about 2 years. Will sell for $85. Price includes shipping . States only (sorry).
tomcat
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Used to live in Gilbert, AZ which is a suburb of Phoenix. Recently moved to Portland OR. Argh. Not sure if this is meeting the requirement of number of characters, but I'm trying.

Re: FS: Tilbury In G

Post by tomcat »

Thanks C&F! The whistle is sold.