WTB: Eb or E flute, and Rudall Carte or Morneaux Piccolo

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Sirchronique
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

WTB: Eb or E flute, and Rudall Carte or Morneaux Piccolo

Post by Sirchronique »

If anyone has a Musique Morneaux or Rudall Carte piccolo in any key from soprano E to soprano C, I’d be very interested, especially if it’s in D.

I’m perhaps interested in hearing about other available high quality antique piccolos besides just Rudall, as well, if they are particularly nice. I’m not very particular about whether they are high, low, modern pitch, or what have you, as I already have ones in D and Eb that I like and play well enough at A440. Piccolo has become my main instrument as of late and I’m simply looking to widen my experience with different types of nice piccolos.

Also, I would be interested to hear of any E or Eb flutes that might be on the used market. I’m leaving this request rather nonspecific, as I’d like to see what is out there. I’d like to have decent flutes in E and Eb for recording some things this summer. Something along the lines of a Baubet would especially have my interest, but if you’ve got something else available I would like to hear about it. Keyed or keyless are both fine.

Yup,
Sir C
Sirchronique
Tell us something.: I like whistles, flutes, lyres, cittern/mandolin/bouzouki family instruments, as well as heavy and nasty slap bass. Languages, linguistics, history (especially Migration Period and Bronze Age Europe), cuisine from various parts of Latin America, chili growing, bushcraft, and the works of JRR Tolkien also tickle my fancy.

Re: WTB: Eb or E flute, and Rudall Carte or Morneaux Piccolo

Post by Sirchronique »

Bump bump bumplestilkskin

I am on the fence about perhaps simply ordering a couple new instruments to be made, but I’ll probably leave this up for another week or two to see if anything is out there.
Sirchronique

Re: WTB: Eb or E flute, and Rudall Carte or Morneaux Piccolo

Post by Sirchronique »

Bump

Also, I should clarify that when I say “Rudall Carte” I am asking for 19th century piccolos with 6 open holes. If there are no open tone holes then it isn’t going to work for how I play the music I play.

And I’m also still looking for an Eb flute, especially Baubet or Lesouef, as it would be nice to stick with what I already know I like, but I’m open to hear of others that may be available.