FS/FT: Milligan high D, session head, delrin body

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Thomaston
antispam: No

FS/FT: Milligan high D, session head, delrin body

Post by Thomaston »

I already have another Gene Milligan D with the “quiet” head and cocobolo that I love, so I thought I’d try the other model with the louder mouthpiece. But I find I prefer the one I already had. The session head model has a back pressure that’s just too low for my tastes. Bought through Irish Flute Store, it’s been in my possession for about a week and only has 5 minutes of playing time on it at most, so it’s practically mint condition.
This was $185 new and I’ll send it anywhere in the US for $155 (shipping from Alabama included in price). PayPal preferred.
I can supply a picture of the whistle if needed, however it looks identical to stock photos widely available online.

A sale is preferred, however I’m willing to entertain trade offers of equal/near equal value.
Thomaston
antispam: No

Re: FS/FT: Milligan high D, session head, delrin body

Post by Thomaston »

After giving this some thought, I’d also be willing to sell my “quiet” head with cocobolo body D whistle along with this as a set. I’ll probably kick myself for it later, but could certainly put the $$ to use. $300 shipped for the set, and I’ll polish the brass and oil the wood before it goes out. The pair would work well for those whose sessions tend to fluctuate from small/medium to large from one week to the next. Just message me if interested.
As for trades, my biggest regret is selling off a wide bore aluminum Burke that was made around 2001. If you have something like that to offer please let me know! I’d happily lose money on a trade if I knew I was getting back a specific whistle I sold off about a decade ago, or one almost identical to it. I’d look up the guy up I sold it to and make an offer, but I’m not sure messages even go back that far. I feel like whoever I sold it to was living in France, though.