FS: Ari de Keyser 7-key boxwood flute

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

FS: Ari de Keyser 7-key boxwood flute

Post by Julia Delaney »

I am selling a seven-key boxwood flute in D, made by the Dublin flute/pipes maker Ari de Keyser. The flute has an additional touch for using the Bb with either the right hand or the left thumb. The flute plays nicely, with good tuning and good volume. It is in very good shape. I recently sent it back to Ari, who recorked the joints and repadded some keys.

The boxwood is of good quality. It is very clear, with no warp or cracks. Ari did some fine work to the G# block years ago. The block is totally stable and the key works perfectly. This flute would be a good choice for someone looking for a good keyed boxwood flute with the added bonus of a right hand Bb key mechanism.

The flute comes with either a solid wooden case or a hard plastic case. A 6-keyed rosewood de Keyser flute sold recently in McNeill's Music, Dublin, for €2,300 ($2,850). I am asking €1,150 ($1,400) for this flute, which includes shipping and some insurance to anywhere in the US, Canada, or the EU.

By anfidil at 2012-01-30

Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Re: FS: Ari de Keyser 7-key boxwood flute

Post by Julia Delaney »

I contacted Arie today regarding his prices. I received this email from him:

Hi David ,
A new boxwood flute with 7 keys would be around 2200 euro now (i have to update my website ...).
All the best,
Arie.

I assume the nicely varnished wooden case would be about €40. The flute with the case would cost about €2,240 ($2,900) new, with a case, from Arie. It would cost more, obviously, from a shop.

I am selling the flute for about 50% less than the price of a new Arie de Keyser flute.
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale