FS Casey Burns low A

Post notices here for used instruments: Wanted and for sale
Forum rules
Please do not post replies, questions or comments in this forum. They will be deleted without warning.

Contact posters directly by PM or e-mail.

Please read the FORUM RULES before posting.

Thank you!

Wellsy1
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I'm Simon, from Queensland, Australia. I'm a flute and whistle-player. occasionally I try to buy or sell an instrument on 'ere. I have a modest little quartet called the Molly Maguires. we run sessions near where I live

FS Casey Burns low A

Post by Wellsy1 »

I am selling a keyless low A Casey Burns. I'm in Australia.

The flute's headjoint is African blackwood. The other joints are mopane.

In absolutely immaculate condition.

PM me to get photos. Also comes with a pouch. I will ship it with insurance.

Casey is selling this model for USD 1,100. I will sell mine for USD 750, postage and shipping included.

I always send flutes bubble-wrapped, in PVC tubing, with caps. Absolutely unbreakable

Below is a link to a rough recording I made of the flute A slip jig and a reel. Not hi-fi, just with a hand-held mic. but you can hear the strong, hard bottom note.

https://soundcloud.com/simon-wells-5/a- ... al_sharing
Wellsy1
Tell us something.: I'm Simon, from Queensland, Australia. I'm a flute and whistle-player. occasionally I try to buy or sell an instrument on 'ere. I have a modest little quartet called the Molly Maguires. we run sessions near where I live

Re: FS Casey Burns low A

Post by Wellsy1 »

CORRECTION:

The measurements between tone-holes are:

D hole to E hole- 28mm
E hole to F# hole - 23 mm

G hole to A hole -28 mm
A hole to B hole - 31 mm
Wellsy1

: FS Casey Burns low A

Post by Wellsy1 »

Wellsy1 wrote: Fri Mar 01, 2024 9:36 pm I am selling a keyless low A Casey Burns. I'm in Australia.

The flute's headjoint is African blackwood. The other joints are mopane.

Below is a correction of the tone-hole distances which I posted before. I didn't measure them centre-to-centre. And also I misnamed them ( merci, Christophe!)

The measurements between tone-holes, centre-to-centre are:

A hole to B hole- 36 mm
B hole to C# hole - 35 mm

D hole to E hole -37 mm
E hole to F# hole - 40 mm

I have quite small hands, short, stubby fingers but it's not too much of a stretch for me.
In absolutely immaculate condition.

PM me to get photos. Also comes with a pouch. I will ship it with insurance.

Casey is selling this model for USD 1,100. I will sell mine for USD 750, postage and shipping included.

I always send flutes bubble-wrapped, in PVC tubing, with caps. Absolutely unbreakable

Below is a link to a rough recording I made of the flute A slip jig and a reel. Not hi-fi, just with a hand-held mic. but you can hear the strong, hard bottom note.

https://soundcloud.com/simon-wells-5/a- ... al_sharing
Last edited by Wellsy1 on Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.