US Sale: 2016 O'Brien Blackwood Keyless

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Banjobilly
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Trying to capably ride a pair of DG button boxes, a Low D whistle and pair of D flutes. Based in Michigan, primarily oriented to old time string band music since the 1970s.

US Sale: 2016 O'Brien Blackwood Keyless

Post by Banjobilly »

Hi All:
I'm selling a 2016 keyless blackwood flute by David O'Brien (Barefield, IE). I’m second owner and have oiled and humidified regularly. I guess the O'Briens (father & son) made flutes from approx. 2005-2018 or so). I just have too many other competing instruments to pay justified attention to this flute.

This is an especially easy player in the second octave, solid bell note, responsive, robust tone with a Pratten-style (one-piece) barrel and larger holes but plays more like a Rudall, or maybe a hybrid Pratten/Rudall. 2021 overhaul (i.e. replacement of cork stopper, couple minor tenon cracks repaired, hairline barrel crack repaired, one ring reset) completed by Jon Cornia, so it's in great shape. Nice custom wooden case included. I'll be happy to send you photos with PM.

$500 firm including shipping only in CONUS. Thanks, Bill
Banjobilly
Tell us something.: Trying to capably ride a pair of DG button boxes, a Low D whistle and pair of D flutes. Based in Michigan, primarily oriented to old time string band music since the 1970s.

Re: US Sale: 2016 O'Brien Blackwood Keyless

Post by Banjobilly »

Now $450.00 OBO in CONUS including insured USPS postage. I want to provide this flute with a more deserving home! Thanks.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Re: US Sale: 2016 O'Brien Blackwood Keyless

Post by benhall.1 »

Removed at user's request - Mod.