FS: Greenwood Pipes D/C high whistle set in African Blackwood SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
alespa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

FS: Greenwood Pipes D/C high whistle set in African Blackwood SOLD

Post by alespa »

David Boisvert Greenwood Pipes High D/C Whistle Set in African Blackwood with brass mouthpiece and ferrules

This is one of those things you never think you'll let go of. But as the years go by, I realize that I will never have (or make) the time to learn how to play an irish whistle enough to justify keeping this. I had an Abell High D whistle that did not have the full sound and volume this whistle has. This is a beautiful whistle, and as you may be able to see from the pictures, I never used the C body. Only the D, and that not much. I did send the D body back to David at the end of Nov 2020 to fix a micro split. It was nice to have him be able to look the whistle over and report that all is well. I have pics showing no problems with the wood inside the end tubes. I have tried to capture the condition of the whistles as best I can. African Blackwood is so dark, it's hard to show more than what I have.

My wife made the LOTR style soft case, which will be included.

I'm not sure how long it's been since David has made these whistles. But the cost of African Blackwood, as well as many exotic wood species, have increased in price. My pricing on this whistle is based on what I have heard is within a reasonable range.

Sorry, but no international shipping due to cost and reliability, as well as not wanting these whistles in transit for longer than a few days, and not sitting somewhere for a week or more.

I will pay USPS Priority Mail, insured for total value, within the US only.

Asking $1200 ... I may consign if this doesn't sell here.

I posted pics on my own website, since I don't use an image site. https://vintagehifinut.com/greenwood-pipes-whistle/
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.
alespa
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Music has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember. Part of what I love about celtic/folk style music is the sound of a handful of handmade instruments that remind me of simpler times.

Re: FS: Greenwood Pipes D/C high whistle set in African Blackwood

Post by alespa »

Sold!
There's no such thing as a stranger, just friends we have not yet met.