FS: Firth & Pond Circa 1860

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Jayhawk
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

FS: Firth & Pond Circa 1860

Post by Jayhawk »

Up for sale is an exceptionally nice Firth & Pond Circa 1860 with what I assume is the original case (the flute fits perfectly inside it) and a genuine Plano pistol case, which I find much more useful.

The flute is in amazing condition not just for a 162 year old flute but for any flute. No cracks of any sort, ever, and all the keys work great...including the low C# and Cnat (seriously). The only modification to the flute is an enlarged F# hole which helped bring the F# much more in tune. Plays great at A=440 with good intonation. Flute was made at 547 Broadway, which F&P worked out of from 1856 to 1862. I get great volume out of this flute, but that's not unusual as Firth & Pond, and Firth, Pond & Hall, flutes seem to consistently have good power and intonation.

Free shipping in continental USA. PayPal preferred. Asking $2,500.

PM with questions or to make an offer.

Eric
Jayhawk
Tell us something.: Well, just trying to update my avatar after a decade. Hope this counts! Ok, so apparently I must babble on longer.

Re: FS: Firth & Pond Circa 1860

Post by Jayhawk »

Bump...and open to offers.

Eric
Jayhawk

Re: FS: Firth & Pond Circa 1860

Post by Jayhawk »

Price drop! $2,250 w/free shipping continental USA...feel free to make offers. I hate seeing a really nice playing flute not being played.

Eric