FS: Barna Gabos Pratten flute - $785 SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Julia Delaney
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

FS: Barna Gabos Pratten flute - $785 SOLD

Post by Julia Delaney »

I bought this flute from a friend in Norway. Barna Gabos is a Hungarian musician, making beautiful flutes at a very reasonable price. His D flute looks very much like an Olwell Pratten design. It plays beautifully, with good internal tuning and a powerful tone. The flute has a good, strong bottom D and reaches into the third octave effortlessly.

The flute is beautifully made. The bore is very smooth and the flute feels very good in the hands. Tigerwood is light and stable, with a lovely grain. To quote Blayne Chastain – The Irish Flute Store - “Barna Gabos is making great flutes.”

https://barnagabosflutes.weebly.com/keyless.html

From the workshop in Hungary it is priced at €950 for a keyless D flute. Shipping and import duties would be added to result in a price of about €1,200 ($1,250). I am asking for €775 ($785), including a hard case. No charge for shipping in Ireland. Other parts of the world please add €30.

I am happy to offer a trial period with a money back guarantee, less postage.

Clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz-t2jwMjVA

Ad and pics here: https://www.donedeal.ie/brassandwind-fo ... campaign=3
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Julia Delaney
Tell us something.: I play fiddle, concertina, flute. I live in NH. Lived in Kilshanny, Co Clare, for about 20 years. Politically on the far left. Diet on the far right (plant-based fundamentalist). Musically in the middle of the pure drop.

Re: FS: Barna Gabos Pratten flute - $785

Post by Julia Delaney »

Price lowered to $700
Freedom is merely privilege extended, unless enjoyed by one and all. The Internationale
Julia Delaney

SOLD

Post by Julia Delaney »

The flute has bee sold. Thanks everybody.

PS: Barna Gabos does make very good flutes.