FS: 5 key Thibouville-Buffet D flute in blackwood

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
Flutern
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

FS: 5 key Thibouville-Buffet D flute in blackwood

Post by Flutern »

I am selling my 5 key Thibouville-Buffet D flute in blackwood made around 1860. This flute is in excellent condition, with no crack or damage, and the pads and corks were changed recently and work perfectly. The flute has a narrow bore, small holes and like the majority of 19th century French flute, it is pitched at Diapason Normal (A=435). The head is unlined. Keys and rings are German silver.

The flute is provided with its original case, which is not in great shape but serves its purpose as long as it’s not carried around.

I’m asking 800$ USD + shipping. I can ship the flute worldwide (from Canada). TransferWise or bank transfer preferred, but PayPal is also possible. If the buyer prefers to pay in CAD or EUR, that's fine too.

Photos: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmXc1Kfx
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.
Flutern
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have a keen interest in wooden flutes (modern and antique), early music (Renaissance, Baroque), Romantic music and Irish Traditional Music of course! I also play the clarinet (my first instrument) and I've also started learning the cittern.

Re: FS: 5 key Thibouville-Buffet D flute in blackwood

Post by Flutern »

Price reduced: $700 USD.
Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law.