FS Eamonn Cotter 4 keyed flute SOLD

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
emmdee

FS Eamonn Cotter 4 keyed flute SOLD

Post by emmdee »

I have a blackwood Eamonn Cotter flute, made in 2004, with Cnat, Bb, G#, and short Fnat keys. It has a one piece centre section. I have the original case. It's a lovely flute which has been used for sessions, gigs and recordings, kept well oiled, rings and keys regularly polished, cling film on the pads when oiling to keep them good, etc. The bore is smooth, the pads fit tightly, the rings are secure. It's a belter. I've been keeping it for emergencies since buying an Olwell in 2012, but I would rather sell it and put the money towards a new set of uilleann pipes.

In 2007 I had the Fnat key block repaired by Andy May of Edinburgh. It's a very neat repair. In 2008 I had to get the barrel replaced and the tenon repaired after an accident on tour. That work was done by Eamonn himself. It's been stable since then.

If anyone wants to ask about it, to see some photos, or hear some sound files, please email me at markmalinky at hotmail dot com

I would like to get £1100 for it, plus P&P. I don't know the shipping cost, but will make enquiries if I get any interest. I would prefer not to deal with Paypal for a UK buyer (bank transfer preferred), but happy to discuss options with anyone interested. £1100 is about 1300 Euro or about $1600 US.

I'm based in central Scotland, so anyone close by is welcome to play it for themselves.

In light of COVID-19, I would say that I haven't played the flute since before March 2020.

Thanks
m.d.
emmdee

Re: FS Eamonn Cotter 4 keyed flute

Post by emmdee »

The flute has been sold.
m.d.