WTB bass regulator in D

A gated retirement community for expired posts, owned and operated by ChiffCo.
fgibbons
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Been a piper about 20 years (uilleann), flute on and off over the years, classical and trad. Played classical piano growing up, bought one recently for my daughter to take lessons on, and got right back into it, but this time playing Irish tunes (Pádraig O'Reilly is my current idol).

WTB bass regulator in D

Post by fgibbons »

Hi,

Finally got around to making some headway with playing my tenor & baritone regulators (from Benedict Koehler). I'd like to get a bass reg to (roughly) match, at least acoustically, if not visually. Those of you who know me might remember that my regs are brown/brass, while my chanter/drones are black/steel - I don't find the visual mis-match jarring, and pretty much any bass reg is going to match some part of my set.

So, you know it'd be great if someone had a K&Q (or just K) reg they wanted to find a new home for, but I'm open to other decent makers too. (I've spoken to Benedict, he's taken note of my interest, but can't promise anything.) It might seem an odd request, but apparently people do sometimes realize they'd rather not have the bass. Or equally, if someone had an entire set of regs, I might consider taking them as a unit (shame to break up a family).

-Frank